a bit more info from the web interface

Marvell Orion based
alohre

a bit more info from the web interface

Post by alohre » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:23 am

For a less intrusive peek on some system stats, you can use the cgi-bin on the web interface, ie, you can check mount points, debug messages and so on.
There is a javascript file with all the cgi commands, /zyxel/js/command.js
example line from the file:
getIDisk: new Cmd("storage showIDiskInfo", getIDisk),
the cgi command is "storage showIDiskInfo"

to use this, you append that command to the following url:
/zyxel/cgi-bin/zysh-cgi?c0=

it then looks like this:
/zyxel/cgi-bin/zysh-cgi?c0=storage showIDiskInfo

and it should return the type and status of the individual disks in the nas.

There is a lot of commands in the command.js file, and I haven't tried them all yet.
Some interesting commands:

"show logging debug entries"
this one is commented out in the js file, but is very handy when you want to know why a command you tried failed.

"dservice add url %s %s %s"
adds a url to the download service. Still haven't figured out why it takes three parameters, but working on it. Could come in handy to make a firefox addon to automatically add torrents to the download service ?

sansom

Re: a bit more info from the web interface

Post by sansom » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:45 pm

alohre wrote: Could come in handy to make a firefox addon to automatically add torrents to the download service ?

I've just always right clicked the torrent link I wanted and then choose "Save Link As" and then directed the torrent to download to ' \\nsa220\admin\download\torrent ' . Once you do it once, that location comes up as the default download location for all the other torrents I 'right click' on and DL.

Just by copying a torrent file into that directory, the NSA220 will automatically add it to queue to be downloaded.

KeyCat

Re: a bit more info from the web interface

Post by KeyCat » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:46 pm

sansom wrote: Just by copying a torrent file into that directory, the NSA220 will automatically add it to queue to be downloaded.
Great tip!

I made a link in my Send To menu (XP/7) and iit's now easier than ever to que torrents. Are there any similar way to que FTP or HTTP downloads (and not using the plugin)?

/KC