All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:00 am 

tbh i also dont know what that samba share is

is it possible for a youtube tutorial ?

dont think the nsa-210 has samba

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:21 am 

Quote:

It's the way you normally access your shares via network, using a Windows computer. The network protocol involved is called 'Samba'.
Quote:

No, I'm not going to do that. The FFP-stick is a way to get text based root access to your NAS, and people who cannot get it working without a video tutorial shouldn't be wanting that power. It can be destructive when you don't know what you are doing, you know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:34 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
Quote:

It's the way you normally access your shares via network, using a Windows computer. The network protocol involved is called 'Samba'.
Quote:

No, I'm not going to do that. The FFP-stick is a way to get text based root access to your NAS, and people who cannot get it working without a video tutorial shouldn't be wanting that power. It can be destructive when you don't know what you are doing, you know.

i have worked before with with shell acc's so i do know some bit of linux commands and such
its just i never worked with samba before in this way since i just got the nsa-210 3 days

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:55 pm 

i followed the whole tutorial but im not getting the telnet connection

Code:
Microsoft Telnet> o 192.168.0.101
Bezig met verbinding maken met 192.168.0.101...Kan geen verbinding met de host maken, op poort 23: De verbinding is mislukt

so what am i doing wrong ?

and is it possible to just change the /etc/samba/smb.conf chmod to 777 ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:41 am 

Quote:
Could be a number of things. The stick can be incompatible, you can have used the wrong nsaxxx_check_file, you can be trying to telnet to the wrong ipaddress, ...

I hope to have a more robust ffpstick with extensive logging in a few days. Maybe you could wait for that?

Quote:
is it possible to just change the /etc/samba/smb.conf chmod to 777 ?
If you mean: "Is it possible to edit smb.conf in such a way that all new files/directories on a samba share get a 777 permission flag?", than the answer is yes. However, this might interfere with the firmware. The file might be reconstructed at each boot, and I suppose it will also b rewritten each time you change anything relevant in the web interface.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:04 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
Quote:
Could be a number of things. The stick can be incompatible, you can have used the wrong nsaxxx_check_file, you can be trying to telnet to the wrong ipaddress, ...

I hope to have a more robust ffpstick with extensive logging in a few days. Maybe you could wait for that?

Quote:
is it possible to just change the /etc/samba/smb.conf chmod to 777 ?
If you mean: "Is it possible to edit smb.conf in such a way that all new files/directories on a samba share get a 777 permission flag?", than the answer is yes. However, this might interfere with the firmware. The file might be reconstructed at each boot, and I suppose it will also b rewritten each time you change anything relevant in the web interface.

i can wait since i have enough time to spare

teh reason i want to edit that file is so i can get full hdd access in samba :)
for now i got full hdd access but i cant write file to it because of the limited access it has

anyways ty for the answers i hope the new ffpstick with the better loggin will explain it why it wont work for me :)

edit : i hope someday debian lenny will also work on the nsa-210 :)