General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
micjsas wrote:
or hangs during startup (endless SYS blinking)
In that case the stick obviously does *something*
Quote:
no reformat
So you're using a FAT stick? In that case you can try to reformat it ext2/3 yourself, on your favorite Linux box, or maybe using this trick:
Mijzelf wrote:
2) Use the Webinterface to login to your box as admin.
3) Goto Administration->Storage
4) Use the 'Create an External Volume' button to change the filesystem of the stick to EXT2. This step will destroy all data on the stick.
(Don't know if this option is available on the NSA-210)

no reformat: fat16 -> ext2/3 using NAS, SH script during start or using Webinterface (in nsa210 can`t select filesystem, option is missing in my case)
had to format stick in ext2 manually then copy FFP file and reboot, after system back i checked and nothing changed, no telnet, no changes in files on stick .tar

could you write a simple script which allows to check whether a usb_key_func.sh is executed, for example, place in usb_key_func.sh command to write a empty file on a stick ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:03 pm 

Maybe. You can try this triplet, but of course I couldn't test it. (You'll have to add md5sum)

More on creating your own usb_key_func.sh here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:19 pm 

strange but it worked after i change permission to nsa210_check_file i maked it executable :|
thanks for the help, device now become a useful ;)

one more thing there is no php-cgi in /ffp/bin/ ? :!:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:03 pm 

Strange. Is it possible that you changed the executable flag of md5sum too?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
Strange. Is it possible that you changed the executable flag of md5sum too?

set executable flag to all .sh file and to md5sum

now bigger problem is the lack of PHP, installed a PHP from package but gets an error when using, lighttpd fails to start because PHP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:39 pm 

You are using the ffp packages I suppose? When I recall well there is a dedicated lighttpd.conf file in /ffp/etc/examples, which you should use.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:42 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
You are using the ffp packages I suppose? When I recall well there is a dedicated lighttpd.conf file in /ffp/etc/examples, which you should use.

but I need PHP, without php http server is useless

I used lighttpd.conf-with-php and mod path

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:47 pm 

Then install it: http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0. ... kages/net/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:58 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:

thanks again now it`s OK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:10 pm 

hi, just new here, we already used this software to ssh to a nsa220 , now i bought 1 for myself and it wont work.
did install the software accoording to first posting, it wont start and format light sys wil stay blinking, then i formatted the disk (tried several different ones) in the nas then put the sotware on it with the share, stil no luck, updated the firmware to the latest stil not working..
any ideas what i am doing wrong?
disks lights stay on and the sys light is blinking, let it run several hours.... nope.

thanks in advance...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:02 am 

When the SYS led keeps blinking, it means the bootscript doesn't finish. A blinking sysled is the poweron default, and the last thing the bootscript does is stopping the blinking.
The bootscript can be stopped when the usb_key_func.sh on the usbstick returns zero, however, it's not supposed to do so.
Is anything changed on the stick during boot?
It the stick formatted FAT or ext2/3?
Does the box finish it's boot when you put in the same usbstick empty?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:42 am 

thanks for the fast reply.
made a stick conform specs, even when ik put it in with fat format and only the 3 files to format the usbstick, keeps blinking.
tried it also on stick formatted with ext2, ext3 and reiser same problem.
it did finish when nothing was on the stick and after starting it was a share.
Firmware Version V3.22(AFB.1) at the moment. the raid1 is building (after deleting by me) when finished, i will try the stick from the other device that was working on that device.
will give more info in 30 minutes i think.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:22 pm 

did start up with the "old" usb stick. tried again a rsync from stick to stick.....and its working now, still dont know why it didn't work before. tried this solution already 3 times :cry: :cry:
now its working :P
thanks for the reply.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:28 pm 

Hello

Have some problems to install this. In the begining I was unable to format the USB-drive to ext2, so I did it through a linux live cd.

Then I sticked the USB into the usb-port at the NSA220 plus and added usb_key_func.sh, nsa220_check_file.230 and nsa220_checksum on the stick, with the adress: \\NSA220PLUS\EUSB-Flash-Memory-1-002\

Then i removed the ".230" from the nsa220_check_file".

And in the end added after_booting.sh, root.tgz and fun_plug.tgz in the \\NSA220PLUS\ffproot

And then I rebooted. The tgz-files was now gone, and there is plenty of stuff in the folder: \\NSA220PLUS\ffproot\ffp
So far, so good but:

The part where you write:
Quote:

To enable an ssh server:
telnet to the device
type

What do you mean with "Telnet to the device"? I don't understand where and how you want me to write this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:44 pm 

The whole idea of FFP is that it gives you a framework to run your own programs, and a command prompt to manipulate this. To be able to open a command prompt, a telnet server is started on the NAS. You can connect to this server by using a telnet client, in most cases just called 'telnet'.
So open a command prompt (dosbox) and type 'telnet ip-of-your-device', and you will get a login prompt.

ssh is something like telnet, but far more secure. In most cases it's recommended to have a ssh server running instead of a telnet server. On a windows computer you can connect to a ssh server using PuTTY.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next