General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:18 pm 

Has anyone had any luck using magnet links in the download manager?
Magnet links are on the form "magnet:?xt=urn:...". Version 3.24 of the NSA-220 Plus firmware upgraded the underlying libtorrent software to version 0.15, which is supposed to support magnet links just fine. But in the download manager interface, jobs created from magnet links won't start.

Is there some elegant work-around to "reach" the underlying libtorrent with the magnet URL? As of today, I use a bittorrent client on my PC to start the magnet download, then grab the torrent file that is generated in the process. This file can be uploaded in the download manager. But a more direct approach would be useful :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:39 pm 

i would also like magnet support as ii cant download anything any more i use to download by right click send to nas as putting the url in web interrface never worked for me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:13 am 

I agree. In the meantime however I do the following which works most of the time.

1. Ensure that you make it easy to reference your /admin/download/torrent folder (or whereever you told the download manager to store torrent files). I map a drive in Windows Explorer
2. Copy the magnet address from the site (e.g. right click ... Copy Link Address)
3. Go to magnet2torrent.me and paste in the link
4. When the torrent equivalent is found (which it is most of the time) right click the "RIGHT CLICK ME and COPY" link, then rather than "copy", save it to folder in (1)

Not ideal I know, but it is a fairly good interim solution.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:37 pm 

Another solution:

1. Map drive to /admin/download/torrent folder (or wherever you told the download manager to store torrent files).
2. Use the same folder above to store torrent files for your favorite torrent client -uTorrent.
3. Click on magnet or torrent and let it open up in your torrent client; which will start to download it.
4. It will also place the torrent file(in the case of magnet links- they will be converted to torrent files) in the folder setup in 1.
5. NSA will start downloading from that folder.
6. Just stop - don't delete the download from your fav torrent client as it is already downloading in the NSA.
7. Njoy! :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:16 pm 

Hi.

Any of the solutions doesn't worked for me. I am in 2.1.42.18967 version, and the only way to download from magnet links is access the magnet2torrent.com, copy tha magnet, save the .torrent in my disk, and then importing it into NAS via web interface. I tried to put the .torrent in the torrent folder in NAS, but no success. The NAS doesn't import the file to the download manager.
The last solution, when I try to import the .torrent transformed by the uTorrent, the NAS says failed to this file.

Any other solution? I tried another solution I've found, that is to install nTorrent in the NAS, but was to Cloud Edition, and I have no success in my standard version.

Tks