General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: NSA-2400 backdoor?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:48 pm 

I had no idea the board had a VGA pin out on it.. I'm almost certain that I've got a few of those kicking around. I'll keep you posted.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:51 am 

If you (anyone) don't like the zyxel NSA-2400 anymore let me know. I've damaged two SATA connectors on the mainboard (during my search for the VGA connector). So basically looking for a new mainboard (;->). Post a private message...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:27 pm 

Hi Guys
NSA-2400 that corrupted while in operation a couple of years ago. Was propping the door open till I figured I could probably learn a lot by trying to do something with it. Came across this forum and had a read.
Net result so far. I made a IDC to VGA lead, plugged in and can see it all booting through. Now there are a number of issues that flag as it is loading and at present I don't know how to dump that anywhere useful.
Unit says it is running in Maintenance mode. If I try to login with admin and 1234 it comes back with

Linux NSA1422.localdomain 2.6.15.7 #12 Sun Apr 29 21:05:29 CST 2007 i686 GNULinux

Welcome to MontaVista(R) Liniux(R) Professional Edition 4.0.1 (0502020).

No directory, logging in with HOME=/

MontaVista(R) Liniux(R) Professional Edition 4.0.1 (0502020)

NSA1422.localdomain login:

Which is pretty much a loop. If I use an incorrect username / pw combination it says login incorrect.

I have tried logging in via telnet on 192.168.1.3 but I get connection refused.

In the Bios, Boot options are greyed out.

I would like to get this unit running as a back up system and possibly even think of trying it out as a DLNA server. However at the moment, just getting past the starting blocks would be nice.

Just for info, I cannot see this unit over a web page either.

Anyone have any starting point ideas for me?
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:00 pm 

Chrisjmw wrote:
Hi Guys
NSA-2400 that corrupted while in operation a couple of years ago. Was propping the door open till I figured I could probably learn a lot by trying to do something with it. Came across this forum and had a read.
Net result so far. I made a IDC to VGA lead, plugged in and can see it all booting through. Now there are a number of issues that flag as it is loading and at present I don't know how to dump that anywhere useful.
Unit says it is running in Maintenance mode. If I try to login with admin and 1234 it comes back with

Linux NSA1422.localdomain 2.6.15.7 #12 Sun Apr 29 21:05:29 CST 2007 i686 GNULinux

Which is pretty much a loop. If I use an incorrect username / pw combination it says login incorrect.

I would like to get this unit running as a back up system and possibly even think of trying it out as a DLNA server. However at the moment, just getting past the starting blocks would be nice.

Chris

You have to use the backdoor account see previous in this thread....then sudo passwd root ....and your in (;_>)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:30 pm 

roeby wrote:
Chrisjmw wrote:
Hi Guys

Chris

You have to use the backdoor account see previous in this thread....then sudo passwd root ....and your in (;_>)

"NsaRescueAngel"