General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Laucnh a telnet serveur
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:04 pm 

Hello,
I am french so sorry for bad english. I have an EDMini V2 1To and i want to install ssh.

I think it's the last firmware enable to, when i click on about in webadministration i see Version Software:1.6.2.2_LH and Number f software version : 10.0-96.

I have make installed the exploit on /var/www/cgi-bin/ with the sed for remove the %20 in the query and it's run correctly.
If I make a : ip/cgi-bin/exploit?ls -al /etc/ say me that the utelnetd is in the directory. But when I want to launch the utelnetd i write in my browser : ip/cgi-bin/exploit?utelnetd -l /bin/sh or a : ip/cgi-bin/exploit?/var/www/cgi-bin/utelnetd they fail!

I don't understand, in the error_lg file they says permission denied or the file file don't exist i don't remember.

Please help me :| ,

If I can install ssh on my lacie it's very good for me 8-) .

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:08 pm 

hi!

I succesfully installed ssh on my edmini V2 following these installation steps http://jebimony.com/blog/content/add-ssh-lacie-edmini-v2.

did you change the permission with "chmod +x [write down here your path]/utelnetd"?

hope this help

Giarrettu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:31 pm 

Hi,

thanks for your response.
But i have follow this tutoriel and i don't forgot the chmod, the user and group are root:root.

Perhaps I should copy the utelnetd file in /usr/sbin or other with an apache:www chmod?
So maybe the download file it's corrupt??

I ask me if in the new version is missing file system or package for a good working.

I have testing with ./ at beginning command but none.

I try to connect with putty on windows or with telnet on unix and anythings work.

what I can test?

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:42 pm 

hi,

what do you see with ".../exploit?ls -l /var/www/cgi-bin/utelnetd" ? I ask you this because you wrote that you are able to see telned with ".../exploit?ls -al /etc/. Did you put telnetd in the /etc/ directory?

Giarrettu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:30 am 

hello, thanks for your response.

sorry but it's a mistake i don't put utelnetd in /etc/ and i have test all possibility for launch a telnet server.

But i see that in my lacie server a sshd server is launch with an "nmap -sV ip" but they refused all connect except with root. But sshd_config refused empty password and the root account not have this.

I just copy my hach password in the shadow file and now i can connect with ssh on my lacie but only with root.

Now I can configure my server disk and it's good.