2 lacie edminiv2 with power problems

Ethernet disk mini v2
dmusi

2 lacie edminiv2 with power problems

Post by dmusi » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi, after a while trying to understand why my lacie 1TG was not visible to the network i started to rewrite the partitions like is in this forum and everything was in order, but when I plug again the lacie card, nothing happens, so I decided to plug the lacie sata with a computer HDD power and boom everything started to work.
The strange thing is that my brother has the same disk and looks like has the same problem with his lacie, i guess to have 1 problem is ok but 2 with the same issue of power cords is strange o not? :roll:
Anyone is experience that before?
Thanks
dmusi

rosbif

Re: 2 lacie edminiv2 with power problems

Post by rosbif » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:29 am

dmusi wrote:The strange thing is that my brother has the same disk and looks like has the same problem with his lacie, i guess to have 1 problem is ok but 2 with the same issue of power cords is strange o not? :roll:
Just a stab in the dark:
Not all disks have the same power consumption, maybe yours are too high for the power adapter.
Compare the power consumption of yours with the stock disk, particularly the start-up consumption.
What disks are you trying to use?

langerak

Re: 2 lacie edminiv2 with power problems

Post by langerak » Tue May 10, 2011 12:08 pm

What brand and type is the original en new disk in the device? As rosbif states, there can be a big difference between power consumption. Altho I state that my EDMini worked pretty well using a Samsung F1 disk, which is not so eco(green) as it states.