General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:03 pm 

Hi everyone. I lost hard drive in my EDmini v2, it was 1Tb. Now i found 500Gb sata drive, and i want use it in my EDmini v2. What is the sequence of my movement? What i need to do to start work with absolutli new drive in EDmini v2? I will thank you for any solution.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:54 am 

Do you want to reinstall the Lacie OS, or install Debian?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:27 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
Do you want to reinstall the Lacie OS, or install Debian?

I want reinstall Lacie OS.
Excuseme - what is the plus in Debian installation?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:31 am 

Quote:
I've written a wiki page
Quote:
The plus is that Debian is a full-blown server OS, so you can run whatever service you want (provided your CPU and memory are sufficient). Debian has around 25000 packages available. Not all are useful on a NAS, as it's a bit impractical to run software with a GUI, but believe me, there is enough left.
The con is that you'll have to compile your own kernel, and will have to build your system (almost) from scratch. No fancy webinterface (unless you install one), no Samba (unless you install one), no ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:48 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
Quote:
I've written a wiki page
Quote:
The plus is that Debian is a full-blown server OS, so you can run whatever service you want (provided your CPU and memory are sufficient). Debian has around 25000 packages available. Not all are useful on a NAS, as it's a bit impractical to run software with a GUI, but believe me, there is enough left.
The con is that you'll have to compile your own kernel, and will have to build your system (almost) from scratch. No fancy webinterface (unless you install one), no Samba (unless you install one), no ...

Mijzelf, thank you very much you instruction is ideal!!! All work now!!! Respect for you!!! Debian is not for me beacouse i need media server on it and it included in Lacie OS.

Thank you Mijzelf!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:20 am 

hello,
i have manage to install a new disk with lacie firmware using this how to http://lacie.nas-central.org/wiki/Installing_firmware_on_a_fresh_disk._(Edmini_V2) and this files
http://downloads.lacie.nas-central.org/Users/Mijzelf/EdMiniV2/Partitions/ . thank you verry much Mijzelf
i have a question Mijzelf do you remember the user and the password for the EDmini (v2) serial console?
i have a working server ..but i can't access it ... Admin / Admin root/Admin root/admin root/root ..doesn't work
EDIT :
i have acces with admin/admin on web interface

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:49 am 

As far as I remember that partitions contain stock Lacie firmware, which means the passwords in /etc/shadow are not known. And I think you can't set them either, as they are overwritten on boot.

But you can install dropbear with key login, which gives you a root shell.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:04 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
As far as I remember that partitions contain stock Lacie firmware, which means the passwords in /etc/shadow are not known. And I think you can't set them either, as they are overwritten on boot.

But you can install dropbear with key login, which gives you a root shell.

hello Mijzelf,
i have manage to set the ssh using dropbear from your post.
also i manage to reset the root password and it still the one i set even after reboot (i put the dropbear in /dev/sdx8 partition) .