Dead EDMini

Ethernet disk mini v2
langerak

Dead EDMini

Post by langerak » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:52 am

Hi,

Last week my EDMini suddenly stopped working and seems to be really dead. There is one capacitor of 2,5V/1F that has started leaking, also onto other components :(.

I've ordered a replacement capacitor from a local shop (for around 4 euro's) and soldered that one, but to no avail.

It seems that the fan, disk and ethernet functions are completely dead, as the fan and disk will not spin upon power-on and plugging in the ethernet cable won't light up any leds. Also I've noticed that the ethernet chip becomes untouchable after a couple of seconds, it's heating up. Also the blue powerled is not litting up anymore and pressing the powerbutton shows no reaction.

I might hook-up a console to the NAS, but I think that it's not helping much anymore.

Therefore, is there someone here on the forum that does not use his EDMini anymore and wants to sell it for a nice price? I've searched on Ebay and our local "marktplaats.nl", but they are becoming rarely available and if they do, they are way overpriced. If you only have the main board available, that's fine too, I have my case as well.

Mijzelf

Re: Dead EDMini

Post by Mijzelf » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:09 am