General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:59 am 

Hi guys,

To clarify I have a Lacie Big Disk Network 2TB( http://www.lacie.com/intl/support/support_manifest.htm?id=10378&article=1411), I'm not sure if its a type of Ethernet Big Disk.

The problem I'm having is that I think drive doesn't boot correctly, when I switch to ON everything seems to work OK, I hear no weird spinning sounds nor weird power supply sounds, drive blue light starts blinking every 1 second for over 30 seconds, but then I get 4 quick blinking red lights and then a continuous blue light, but drive doesn't get detected by my Windows 7 PC or my MAC, both are running the same config they've been using for months, DHCP is enabled in my router as always, but Lacie drive doesn't get detected by network assistant nor by any OS.

When I try to switch it off same thing happens, blue light starts to blink in 1 second intervals, but then I get 4 quick blinking red ligths and after that, a continous blue light, drive doesn't shut down.

I don't have any antivirus/firewall that could prevent drive detection.

I was using firmware version 2.2.2, drive does not contain any crucial information.

I was thinking of restoring drive with Network Assistant to version 2.2.8, but as I have firmware version 2.2.2 I need to apply backend patch first, yet my drive isn't working at the moment, and I don't know if its safe to do that with network assistant.

Any ideas of how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:36 am 

If any OS dont detect drive, lookslike that its probably broken and u need replace it.