General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:40 pm 

My 2Big Network enclosure seems to have died. A few issues:

1. The power switch (off/auto/on) doesn't work. There's no difference between 'auto' and 'on', and switching to 'off' doesn't power down the unit. The only way to power down is to pull the plug.
2. Only the two blue LEDs on the back panel light up, as well as the ethernet port, but the big front LED does nothing.
3. I can no longer access my storage from the network.

I just wanted to sanity check with the folks on this forum - seems like the unit is a goner, right? Are there any tests I can run to see if it's salvageable? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Ari

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:17 pm 

Looks the same problem I had. I got a solution by trial and error and succeeded!
viewtopic.php?f=240&t=16729

Arjen

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:40 am 

Arjen - thanks very much for your reply!
From the other thread you wrote your solution was to "instal an EMC-filter in the 12 Volt supply of my LaCie drive". Would you mind pointing me to the EMC-filter download and (hopefully) the instructions on how to install it? I'm a bit of a noobie when it comes to this kind of stuff and I searched around but couldn't find it ...
Thanks again,
Ari

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:41 pm 

@Ari
Your name looks likes Dutch or Belgium. In that case it is easy to provide. I have bought the filter at Conrad.nl (also well known in Germany). The filter is made by Schaffner art. code FN 2020-3-06.
You can order it also by Conrad.nl link https://www.conrad.nl/nl/ontstoringsfil ... 98713.html
It is original made for 230 Volt. But it can be placed also in the 12 Volt supply of the LaCie. It is very easy to do. You have to cut the original supply line and place the filter in between. Be secure that the + line is later on the same place of the connector put into the LaCIe. E.g. the + voltage is the innerside of the connector and therefore the - voltage on the outerside. Important is that the earth (ground) of the filter is connected to your earth/ground wiring of your living!
If you have still questions, please reply.

Arjen