Full Linux Image

RaH

Full Linux Image

Post by RaH » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Ok I got my LaCie unbricked sometime ago, and I am now needing for it to run an ISCSI package, to do this I need to be able to compile the package from source. Problem is I can find no version of GCC on my LaCie. I have been able to hack my way into an SSH root shell, but I think BusyBox is hindering my progress as it won't allow me to install or even update packages. The only package manager I have access to is rpm but rpm -i <package> just gives me an error about "Collins not found", nothing in /var/log/messages or dmesg. Even bunzip2 and tar are broken, seems like I've broken dependencies for them. They both complain about fumestat : GLIBC 2.4 and libglibc.so.6 or some such.

Has anyone had success with getting a full Linux distro running on the LaCie 2 Big Network? I know it can be done with a serial hardware hack but I'm not trying to hack hardware that way. Mounting the drives through another distro to install is an option, just not looking to solder anything.

I also am not looking for anyone to hold my hand and walk me through it. I like to learn and I learn by doing. I just need to push in the right direction. I'm familiar with Linux have used for some years both GUI based and strickly term sessions. I've built a LFS distro before, but I've never gotten into cross-compiling. Even took a netbook running Xandros and installed full blown Ubuntu Hardy Heron on it. Works great too accept for the wifi drivers, I have to use nDis can't use madwifi which is what I wanted Ubuntu for in the first place.

Let me know.