keeps resetting after each reboot

MegaR

keeps resetting after each reboot

Post by MegaR » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:22 am

Hi everybody,

I resently rooted my 500gb network space. However everytime I installed IPKG and ssh it got removed when I rebooted the disk.
After some long googlen I found out there was this script which removes my stuff everytime. So I moved /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S12CleanConf to /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/disabled/S12CleanConf like the tutorial suggested aaaaannddd..... it still resets my networkspace everytime :(
i even backed up /etc/init.d/cleanConf and replaced it with an script that just echos but that didnt do any good either.
and now im stuck :|

firmware: 1.1.8

edit: hm okay after some more searching i believe cleanConf only cleans the /home directory and removes custom shares? So cleanconf might not have anything to do with this. but then why is my nas removing folders all the time O.0? how can i get /opt folder to stay when i reboot?

Mijzelf

Re: keeps resetting after each reboot

Post by Mijzelf » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:30 am

Where did you put this /opt? In 'the filesystem' (which is supposedly a layered filesystem) on on sda8? When you just put it in 'the filesystem', try to create a symlink '/opt' on sda8, which points to one of your persistent shares, where you can install your optware.

MegaR

Re: keeps resetting after each reboot

Post by MegaR » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Laptop died and entered a busy period.

I made a symlink from /opt to a persistent filesystem. Strange thing is /opt folder+symlink still exsist but the folder is just empty....
Is ipkg cleaning itself up after shutdown??

EDIT:
Yay i finally got it working :mrgreen:
bottom part of this site helped me alot:
http://doyouhateme.bizarro.org.uk/2009/ ... thout.html
its a wonder i havnt read that before.
if added this to /etc/fstab:
/share/.optware /opt auto rw,bind 0 0
and made a script with this in it named /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S12mountopt:
mount /opt

problem was /share/.optware wasnt mounted to /opt

Thanks everyone