Password Lost N2870

CheapThrills

Password Lost N2870

Post by CheapThrills » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi,

A few years ago I bought a Lacie 1TB drive designed by Neil Poulton. It has worked flawlessly since, and I have manually backed up files since then.

I must have changed the admin password from the default but haven't recorded it in my password file - dunno why not.

I now want to use the admin function to back up the drive but I need the password. There is no help on recovering a forgotten password on Lacie's site. There are lots of Google references that tell me turn off the drive then hold down the POWER button for x secs to initiate a reset of the drive, however my drive has a toggle power switch. Holding it down has no effect.

Does anybody know how to resolve this issue, either to recover the mystery password or reset the drive to admin / admin???

Thx in advance

PS I'd like to keep the data on the drive, but if it must go to get the password back then that's livable

Mijzelf

Re: Password Lost N2870

Post by Mijzelf » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:01 pm

Reset procedure for the Network Space.
This is not supposed to destroy your data.

CheapThrills

Re: Password Lost N2870

Post by CheapThrills » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:19 pm

Wow! That worked!

The procedure and other references were really useful and in the end it was so simple to reset.

I had searched Lacie and the world for hours for this answer so thx v muchly.

As Samuel Johnson said, "Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it."