How to download when computers off

dharani20

How to download when computers off

Post by dharani20 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 am

I read on Lacies website that i can download with my laptop turned off. Did some further research and came across dashboard. Now i use accounts like rapidshare and fileserve to download stuff which requires you to enter a username and pass. How can i incorporate this into dashboard when downloadind as i can just put the url only. I tried signing into my fileserve account through web and then tried downloading but it would not download.

Any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks

langerak

Re: How to download when computers off

Post by langerak » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi,

The issue you are describing can not be used with a LaCie NAS at the moment. The only way you can download via a NAS for now is using torrents or if you root it, you can also download via NZB.

dharani20

Post by dharani20 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Thank you so much. I hope they make upgrades to it. Thanks though

Daan

Post by Daan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:59 pm

langerak wrote:Hi,

The issue you are describing can not be used with a LaCie NAS at the moment. The only way you can download via a NAS for now is using torrents or if you root it, you can also download via NZB.
I download on the hacked NAS from websites that require login using wget with the --cookies option. The cookies option refers to a file exported from firefox with the export-cookies add-on (if you are using MS Internet Explorer, you don't need to export them I think, just copy the cookies.txt to the NAS).

Good luck!

Daan