- MD5 checking for the firmware release (on all devices)
- Backup possibility (for all devices)
- Manual firmware entry (needs testing tho)
- Installation steps for IS and EDMini added
- Backup restore possibility for all devices (if you have created the backups from your stock disk!)
- Better fault detection, making the script more fool-proof (now some basic checks are built-in)
- Upgrade features
- Check for unrar binary
A linux server/desktop obviously. The script will run both on DEB and RPM based distro's. As a requirement, the package dialog needs to be present. If the installer fails locating dialog, it will automatically install it for you or bail out if an error occurs.
Use and installation:
It's best to download the firmware in the same location as the installscript will reside. This will prevent clutter from various files created during the installation.
You can download and run the script giving the following commands:
Code: Select all
wget -O fvdw-firmware-install.sh http://lacie.busfreaks.nl/fvdw-firmware-install.txt chmod +x fvdw-firmware-install.sh ./fvdw-firmware-install.sh <firmware filename>
If an error occurs during the installation it's possible to see what the last action was resulting in the failure.
To run in debugging mode, first clean up all unpacked firmware files and place the firmware package back in the directory you are running the script in.
Then start the installer again issuing:
Code: Select all
bash -x ./fvdw-firmware-install.sh <firmware filename>
If the error occurs, just scroll up a bit, you should see the raw output of the script on what it was trying to do.
Please copy and paste back the error here (in code brackets please) and the step it has failed in. Via this way I can debug it's actions and release a fix if a real bug.