General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Freezing at boot
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:45 pm 

Hi to all,

I have a network space 500GB which always worked fine for me.
However, since a week or so i cannot access it from my PC anymore, but the problem seems to be more than this.

When i tried to reboot it, i noticed the LED blinking for the first 10 seconds or so, and after that it stays on continuously like its stuck.
I found this interesting, since i had the LED disabled (setting might be only applicable after booting).
The disk itself is fine, it spins up like normal and (disassembled from the case) i can access it in linux, all partitions have plenty of room left.
My disk can not be found in the network, even when directly connecting it through an ethernet cable, or with the Lacie software.
Also it is not accessible from its IP like normal, my router doesn't show it in the DHCP list (as usual, with the assigned IP).

I have not a single clue what is wrong, only thing that came up is hardware failure of the ethernet physical or something.
I could not find any threads of a similar issue, that's why i could use some help..
Does anyone have any suggestions i could try?
I don't want to reset/reformat it yet, because i have no spare disk to store all of the data. This is sort of my last resort.
Can someone tell me where i can find the log file which lists the boot process?

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Freezing at boot
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:43 am 

OK, i just found out that resetting the drive (flipping the switch off and on while booting) does not remove the drive's data.
So i tried this, and now the drive works like a charm again :D

So my problem seems to be solved already, for anyone having similar problems: try the factory reset.
Thanks to everyone for reading my thread!