General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:39 pm 

Hi!
I cannot access the hard drive in NSA210. I don't know why this keeps happening. I have been able to somehow fix the problem before but this time I could not. Currently I am using FW V4.40 (AFD.1). The Web Interface sees the Hard Disk. It shows it as healthy. But I cannot access the folders. When I try to scan and repair, I can not get passed 22%. That's exactly the percentage the operation fails. I have tried resetting to factory settings. That did not seem to change anything.

Can anyone help me pls?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:33 am 

Do you have data on that disk that you want to recover?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:54 am 

Alobar wrote:
Hi!
I cannot access the hard drive in NSA210. I don't know why this keeps happening. I have been able to somehow fix the problem before but this time I could not. Currently I am using FW V4.40 (AFD.1). The Web Interface sees the Hard Disk. It shows it as healthy. But I cannot access the folders. When I try to scan and repair, I can not get passed 22%. That's exactly the percentage the operation fails. I have tried resetting to factory settings. That did not seem to change anything.

Can anyone help me pls?

Yes, I have some very important data. I don't know if it's relevant but I cannot update the firmware to FW V4.40 (AFD.2). Does anyone know what to do?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:55 am 

Do the shares show up in the webinterface?
Is the NAS visible over Samba at all? (In the 'Windows Network'?)

Can you create an FFP-stick for further analysis?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:26 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
Do the shares show up in the webinterface?
Is the NAS visible over Samba at all? (In the 'Windows Network'?)

Can you create an FFP-stick for further analysis?

I can see the shares in the Web Interface and the NAS Starter Utility and also when I type \\nsa210 in the windows explorer, but I can't access them or see the content. About the FFP-stick I have no clue what that is. I came across it in the forums in this web site, but I am not familiar with it. I would kindly request you to provide me with instructions for dummies, for how to create and use FFP-stick.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 pm 

Alobar wrote:
I would kindly request you to provide me with instructions for dummies
Did you miss the hyperlink in my post?
Quote:
I can see the shares in the Web Interface and the NAS Starter Utility and also when I type \\nsa210 in the windows explorer, but I can't access them or see the content.
Hm. That's a pity. I hoped only samba refused to start, for some reason. But in that case \\nsa210 wouldn't have showed anything. It seems a bit more complex now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:44 am 

I'm having the exact same problem with my NSA221. My files are suddenly not showing up in the file browser. The hard drive status is "Healthy" and when I do the scan and repair feature, it stops at 21%. Based on the capacity used, it appears my files are still there - I just can't get to them. (Note, I'm using firmware version 4.40(AFM.0))

I hope someone knows what's going on - and more importantly, how to fix it!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:55 pm 

The filebrowser? You mean in the webinterface? Or via samba?

Anyway, I ask you the same question: Can you create an FFP-Stick for further analysis?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:26 pm 

No one had the answers I needed so I had to figure out what to do on my own.
What you could do is find a computer with a linux based operating system like Ubuntu, mount your hard disk and rescue the content of your disk by copying it somewhere else. At least thats what I did. Later I was able to fix what was wrong with NAS but two days later the same thing happened again. So I'm assuming these Zyxel NSA series network drives have an errata. So rescue your data and get rid of the NSA. You can give it back. Because this is not happening because of something you are doing wrong.
I don't know the exact commands in ubuntu, I'm not a linux nerd.

But first you need to plug your sata to a PC with ubuntu. Install and run Gparted. Find which device name is assigned to your hard drive. It should have two partitions. One ext3 and one xfs I think. The XFS partition would be where your data is stored. I think you write something like
sudo "mount -t xfs" followed by the device name assigned to your disk. I don't exactly remember the command. But what matters is that you know the partition housing your data has a XFS file system. And anyone who has basic knowledge of ubuntu can help you.

If you can't find a desktop with Ubuntu try using a Ubuntu live CD or a usb stick.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:51 pm 

Hello,
In my case I solved the issue disabling each of the shares and enabling them again.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:52 pm 

Have you checked if you can access your information using the ftp service integrated in the NAS?

Alobar wrote:
Hi!

Can anyone help me pls?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:50 am 

albatroz wrote:
Hello,
In my case I solved the issue disabling each of the shares and enabling them again.

Hi, i am facing a similar issue. The volume info shows disk usage, but i am niether able to access any data nor the shares come up. When i check the NSA210 log, the exact error which i think is causing the issue:
autoupload error Cannot init applets: [Errno 5] Input/output error: '/i-data/md0/.zyxel/fileye-queue'

Reading your post i tried to do a telnet login to NAS and trying to re-create the shares. But i do not know how to do that...so I tried accessing the /i-data/md0 , but this gives me an i/o error on telnet session also.
/i-data/4eb8aa57 # ls
ls: .: Input/output error

Any idea what's going on?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:11 am 

An I/O error? In most cases that is an hardware error. I'm afraid your disk is dying. Can you post the output of 'dmesg' ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:17 am 

Hi,

Facing the same issue... update from firmware 4.00 AFM to 441 AFM but problem persists.
The disk are showing up as healthy and the scan also fails at 21%.

When I browse the \\TLSTORAGE\ELSANTOS it asks for password and log on erros keep occuring. The password is 100% corect. Or if I browse \\192.168.3.200\ all the shares appear but even the TV share that is plublic does not open. Weird!

I do no want to try a factory reset because i am afraid i will lose all my data.

My WD Multimedia Reader can not browse the shares, tried a windows 7 and windows 10 pc and same result. FTP is enabled but not shares appears after, anonymous access is configured.

What is going on?