General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:21 pm 

Recently changed a folder name, however the update did not get applied to any device I attempted to connect to the NSA210. I tried to rebuild the database and rescan content but it didn't help. It actually made it worse. Now no media appears on my XBox 360 nor in the web interface.

All folders and media still appear and are intact in Explorer when I browse to \\nsa210. I've scanned, did the rebuild database and rescan content multiple times to no avail. I've rebooted the device, I've even pulled the drive and rebooted without it.

I do not understand what happened andcannot figure out how to get media to reappear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TYIA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:40 am 

I guess the database got corrupted. And I don't think a 'database rebuild' actually rebuilds the database, but only the contents.

You can try to remove the database manually. I *think* it can be found in /i-data/md0/.media.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:25 pm 

Not sure how to navigate to said folder. Using Windows 7.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:08 am 

You'll need shell access. One of the ways to get that is the Telnet backdoor. If you have opened it, you can use PuTTY to login. (Don't forget to specify the telnet protocol).

In the shell you can navigate using 'cd <dir>' (change directory), and look at contents of current directory with 'ls -l'.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:00 am 

Much of the data I had saved no longer appears. However the size of the volume used has not changed. Apparently the data is there just no way to navigate to nor access it. Is this failure something I can continue to expect with this NAS? I hope I can recover the important information I had saved.