General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:23 pm 

I have upgraded my MD-253 with the latest firmware v2.4.15 and installed the Squeezecenter package. The package is running OK, no problem there. However, I am not able to stop and remove the Sqeeuzecenter package using the new package management tab in the web interface. The status remains "ON" and the package keeps on running.

Anyone know how I can stop and remove Squeezecenter?

Last edited by eherle on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:57 pm 

Unfortunately I had to downgrade the firmware to the previous version (v2.3.33), because the new version 2.4.15 did not work with my disks (Seagates Barracuda Green 2TB). The (Dutch) helpdesk of Sitecom advised me to downgrade to v2.3.33 and wait for a new and improved firmware version.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:06 pm 

Hi there,

Might be a bit of a silly question, but how did you downgrade to an old firmware version? I have the same issue with the Squeezecenter, it's not possible to stop or delete it. When I simply try to apply firmware version 2.3.33 through the NAS web interface, it says that no upgrade is needed. I'm currently on firmware version 2.4.21.

Thanks for your reply & help.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:35 am 

I'm not sure wether it was squeezecenter, put one of the packagas provided by sitecom has a broken script, and both stop and removal fail.
You can delete it just login into the device and removing the directory under /home/PUBLIC/.pkg wich corresponds to the package and then removing the associated line on /home/PUBLIC/.pkg/package

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:27 pm 

re: restoring older firmware - I succeeded in restoring the firmware by first taking out the HDD, rebooting and then using the 'normal' way of installing firmware. Worked for me.