General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:16 am 

Hey everyone just wondering if anyone knows a solution to this one.

So my drive crapped out on my hardcore about a week ago.. left it in shambles... I did a factory reset to it which for some unknown reason erased the 2 firmware updates I had done since purchasing the unit a couple years ago. - Is this normal?

Anyway - I have got my firmware all re-updated to 2.2.8.5, and the newest Network Assistant ver 1.6.17 (not that it matters in my issue) I have networked both my MacBook running OSX (Lion) ver 10.8.5 and my Windows 7 x64 Dell Laptop.

I have probably put about 30+ hours in restoring the drive (moving all of the files from recovery to there respective folders etc), in addition to doing a clean TimeMachine backup (200 GB approx). Note: The sparse bundle was about 700 Gigs (went back a couple years)... I dont need that, just a clean backup of what it is now, so i erased it - took 5 hours to erase it ...

Moving along, I now ever every file/folder exactly where I want it. My media shares all work via DLAN to my WD TV etc... I could not be happier!

I am just stuck with one little issue... Left from the Recovery in my "My Share" is left the Recovery folder that has 2 sub directories - MyShare & Open Share. Open Share is completely empty. MyShare has these subs - recycle_bin -> Update all with no files or folders. I cleaned up (erased) as much as I could as most of that data was moved to my OpenShare for media streaming. The ONLY file I wish to see my MyShare is my MacBook Sparse Bundle.

I have tried deleting the empty folders with my Mac and Windows machine. I have also restarted the NAS (just incase a folder lock from an App was to play) only to be stopped every time in my tracks.

I get the following Message on my Mac:

"The operation can't be completed because your don't have permission to access some of the items."

Of course I do, I am admin of the NAS and both machines...

Any suggestions as to how I can clean this out... do i have to SSH into it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:03 am 

jefferymichael wrote:
I did a factory reset to it which for some unknown reason erased the 2 firmware updates I had done since purchasing the unit a couple years ago. - Is this normal?
Yes. On a Lacie a factory reset actually restores the box to the state it had when it left the factory.

About your problem, you can try to delete the folders via ftp. Another option is to rename them, if you have the right. When you rename them to a name starting with a dot, it is possible that you won't see them anymore. (A file starting with a dot is 'hidden' on Linux boxes).

And else, yes then you need ssh, I'm afraid.