General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:18 am 

Yesterday I got a problem with my Network Space 2:

1. I tried to setup the remote access of the NAS. After the change of the setting, the webpage of the NAS ran for a long time and then told the NAS is powering on. Confirguration of the NAS was not possible. But at that moment, the data were still accessible.
2. Then I tried to turn the NAS off, but failed. I pressed and held the power button for a couple of seconds, then the blue LED started blinking. It blinked forever...
3. I unpluged power cord of the NAS, and then made a re-connection, after a solid blue light, a quick blinking blue light, and a solid blue light, the blue LED started blinking again, and forever... During the procedure, I even didn't touch the power button.
4. Then I cannot access all data on the NAS
5. I tried to connect NAS by using http mode, the system told me that "the NAS is powering on, please try agian in a couple of minutes" But I have waited hours!!

Does someone have the similar problem? If so, how did you guys solve this problem? Is this NAS bricked? Horrible!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:26 pm 

a blue blinking led means in many cases a disk problem, it can be just a corrupt file but also a more serious problem (disk failure)
From what you describe on loosing contact in steps doesn't promise any good.

I guess you have the standard lacie firmware running then there is little you can do to investigate

You try to use our standalone kernel that runs from ram and can be loaded externally without taking out the disk
With this kernel running you can check ou the disk and maybe repair the problem

more info http://plugout.net (fvdw-sl firmware)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:28 pm 

Thank you very much. Fortunately the stroy is not so sad. I got everything back.

The NAS refused to be turned off and on (after I plug in power, it turns on itself immediately), then i had to make a reset. How could i make the reset working even if the system always starts up by itself? I pressed and held the botton, and then I plugged in Power. It works! The system successfully refreshed and then I found all of my data in Myshare folder!! Immediately, I copied everything out and now I am thinking if this Lacie NAS is still reliable.

Wow, I was so scared.