Disk space used, but unaccessible

Oath

Disk space used, but unaccessible

Post by Oath » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:25 am

Having trouble to switch-off, switch-on the NAS, I probably did smth wrong. As a consequence, all user accounts were deleted and the volume renamed to its default name "NetworkSpace2".

After re-creating an admin account, I see in the Lacie Network Assistant that 800 Gb of the 2Tb are used, which means that my files are actually still there somewhere, but when I access the volume by whatever means, it looks empty... How could I access the files again, i.e. make them 'visible' ... ?

I updated the firmware (to 2.2.12.1) and tried to re-index the files, but got "the system failed attempting to reindex the media files"...

Mijzelf

Re: Disk space used, but unaccessible

Post by Mijzelf » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:11 am

When you somehow performed a factory reset, your files should be located in a subdirectory in the admin share.

Oath

Re: Disk space used, but unaccessible

Post by Oath » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Thanks for your answer. Indeed, now I finally managed to re-index, and I see my files in the admin's "MyShare" (/Recovery/OpenShare/...). Now I'd like to move the files back to the OpenShare. Nevertheless, I can only see them with the "LaCie FileBrowser". I have no idea how to mount and access this "partition" (or simply login to the NAS as admin instead of guest from finder or a terminal) in order to do that ... Any idea ?

[edit] Suddenly, after 2 years with absolutely no effect the "connect as" button in finder just ... worked... I manage to connect as admin, hence to access the recovered files.. [/edit]