General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: LaCie Netspace 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:27 am 

Does anyone know how to keep the Firmware at say 2.2.12.2 or min 2.09.
The unit defaults to 1.0.2 when the unit is reset.

Post subject: Re: LaCie Netspace 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:40 pm 

The short answer is: you can't. The Lacie is designed to revert to it's original settings on a factory reset, including the firmware version.

The long answer is: it can be done. To do so you should have (root) shell access, where you copy all data from the rootfs to partition 8, omitting all user settings.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:17 am 

I have spent days with LaCie support. I had explained to them that the unit works fine on the latest firmware.
In other words I know how to get it to the latest version and that the unit is working fine.
My customer had an issue with the unit so I reset the unit back to default. I found that V1.0.2 firmware would not allow me to auto update, in fact I tried many versions until I found that version 2.0.6 would allow my to do just that.
To make things easier for the customer and myself (not that this would happen often) I thought it would be a good idea to get the unit to default to versions 2.0.6.
All I wanted LaCie support to say is just what you said, but instead told me to reset then reload the firmware, even that didn't work through lacey assistant, you can only get it to update via file browser method until you get it past a certain firmware version but they had no idea.
I have a Blog, so I will just write a blog that reminds how to do it. I'm not the best with Linux and using a vulnerability web interface didn't work either.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:09 pm 

If it's easier for you, it's also possible to upgrade by putting a capsule file on a share. (Link)