Scripting trasmission

ricka

Scripting trasmission

Post by ricka » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Hello did anyone tried to play with torrent transmision ?

I want to schedule download/upload speed. Allow max during night and limited during day.
But if i do something with:
>transmision-remote -D -U
>transmision-remote -d1000 -u500
after some time download engine just stops.

Next I want to make kind of watch-folder for new torrents somewhere on openshare, where I can drop files and it is picked and downloaded. Dashboard Downloads screen sucks when there are more than 20 downloads.

I use cron with:
>transmision-remote -w .../folder/.../Download
>transmision-remote -a folder/*.torrent
it starts, but again stops after some time and added files get wipedout after restarting.

Any ideas?

kalleguld

Re: Scripting trasmission

Post by kalleguld » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:23 pm

The Lacie scripts really wants to control the torrent client, and it does that by rewriting the config-files all the time (a general problem with many of the programs running on the NS2).
To stop that, we can tell Transmission to use other config files.
  • Create a new folder to hold the config files (here i'm using /etc/transmission)
  • Create a file called /etc/transmission/settings.json and fill it out to your hearts content (see https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/EditConfigFiles
  • edit the file /etc/initng/transmission.i
    The line

Code: Select all

exec daemon = /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -f --config-dir /lacie/torrent_dir/transmission;
    should be changed to

exec daemon = /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -f --config-dir /etc/transmission;
    , so it points to the new config dir
NOTE: this fix is not tested yet, but i'm planning to do that. I just like to follow a guide, so I wrote one :)

greekfrixos

Post by greekfrixos » Wed May 11, 2011 8:12 pm

kalleguld wrote: NOTE: this fix is not tested yet, but i'm planning to do that. I just like to follow a guide, so I wrote one :)
Yep! I test it and it works like charm!
I even reboot the device and it kept my config files.

So now I am starting to use http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/ for Windows to handle my torrents with a μTorrent-feeling interface.
All I did to settings.json was to change this line:

"rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.",
with this line:

"rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0,192.168.*.*",
to give access from a host in the 192.168.xxx.xxx subnetwork

Still trying (without success so far) to:
1)Add torrents from remote client
2) Start/stop transmission daemon
3) Find a more elegant way to change config file

Edit: Hmmm...slappy solution. The system was unstable. Had to restore to factory default.

midosa5

Post by midosa5 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Stop Download Machine

Edit file /etc/initng/transmission.i

from
exec daemon = /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -f --config-dir /lacie/torrent_dir/transmission;

to
exec daemon = /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -a *.*.*.* --config-dir /lacie/torrent_dir/transmission;

Start Download Machine

You can now have access from http://your_nas_ip:9091/transmission/web/ or/and with Transmission Remote GUI.