NSA221 Raid 1 diskful lead me to find way to expand the 1 TB disk to 2 TB disk with FFP as a way to over come limit of the Zyxel Web interface.
1. Blank / Unformatted disk will not boot the FFP. OS must be install on Disk . ie. NSA221 initilized.
2. A blank 2 TB disk and 1 TB Raid 1 formatted disk give you Raid 1 1 TB disk after it auto sync. You can not expand the 2 TB disk with Raid 1 or remove the Raid 1 (Even if you removed the other 1 TB disk). The single 2 TB disk still act as Raid 1 drive with 1 TB usable area. But you can boot you FFp 0.7 oabi without any problem. Anyone know how to de- Raid 1 it with all file intack? then expand it.
3. Telnet from XP command line windows to ffp 0.7 with address set on the NSA221, no logon require and you are in as root?
Waoo! Is it how it is supposed to be? (Note: my NSA221 admin password changed, no default)
4. Managed to set up SSH after a few try on ffp 0.7. Putty on Xp with SP3 need to be setup properly. I am not sure whether I need to setup the Public and Private key generate by both the ffp SSH and Xp Putty. Anyway I just ftp the RSAxxx.key public key to one another directory.
Not sure what I did right or wrong (Public is suppose for the receiver right?). On Xp start Putty (SSH on PC)
login screen so login root and password got in change passsword. Try and other Putty, now login with user and password got in change the password. logout and login again it works (Putty). Safe to stop the telnet.d.
First ffp setup completed. Cheers!
5. Follow the instruction (not very straight forward) on the telnet backdoor with Firefox, nothing work? Firmare 4.23. Firefox 12. Is there more straight forward instruction?