General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:18 am 

NSA221 Raid 1 diskful lead me to find way to expand the 1 TB disk to 2 TB disk with FFP as a way to over come limit of the Zyxel Web interface. :)

1. Blank / Unformatted disk will not boot the FFP. OS must be install on Disk . ie. NSA221 initilized.

2. A blank 2 TB disk and 1 TB Raid 1 formatted disk give you Raid 1 1 TB disk after it auto sync. You can not expand the 2 TB disk with Raid 1 or remove the Raid 1 (Even if you removed the other 1 TB disk). The single 2 TB disk still act as Raid 1 drive with 1 TB usable area. But you can boot you FFp 0.7 oabi without any problem. Anyone know how to de- Raid 1 it with all file intack? then expand it.

3. Telnet from XP command line windows to ffp 0.7 with address set on the NSA221, no logon require and you are in as root? :o :shock: Waoo! Is it how it is supposed to be? (Note: my NSA221 admin password changed, no default)

4. Managed to set up SSH after a few try on ffp 0.7. Putty on Xp with SP3 need to be setup properly. I am not sure whether I need to setup the Public and Private key generate by both the ffp SSH and Xp Putty. Anyway I just ftp the RSAxxx.key public key to one another directory. :oops: Not sure what I did right or wrong (Public is suppose for the receiver right?). On Xp start Putty (SSH on PC) :geek: login screen so login root and password got in change passsword. Try and other Putty, now login with user and password got in change the password. logout and login again it works (Putty). Safe to stop the telnet.d. :D First ffp setup completed. Cheers!

5. Follow the instruction (not very straight forward) on the telnet backdoor with Firefox, nothing work? Firmare 4.23. Firefox 12. Is there more straight forward instruction?
:?:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:32 pm 

Hello friend, I bought NSA221 recently, but the torrent speeds are low compared to my internet, already checked all configuration eDo not found anything, and the PC is normal.já searched the forum and nada.tem way or is this normal?

Speed ​​download.mesmo torrent file.
the NAS to the maximum speed reached 500kb / s
PC in top speed is 2.1MB / s

Can I install Transmission?

thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:44 pm 

nasnovice2012 wrote:
Anyone know how to de- Raid 1 it with all file intack?
It can be done, though I never tried. On low level you have a partition, which contains a header which describes the raid container, and the raid container itself, which contains the filesystem.
Apart from the raid header, there is no difference between a single disk raid1 system, and a single disk jbod system. So if you overwrite the header you can convert from single disk raid1 to jbod and vice versa. This should leave the filesystem intact, and so your files.
But again, I never tried. Have a read on mdadm.

Quote:
Waoo! Is it how it is supposed to be?
Yes. FFP is designed for the D-Link DNS323, which has no known root password. So the only way to login as root initially is by a loginless shell.

Quote:
Follow the instruction (not very straight forward) on the telnet backdoor with Firefox, nothing work? Firmare 4.23. Firefox 12. Is there more straight forward instruction?
You mean this instruction? I'm not aware there is another one. I also don't know if this is supposed to work on an 221.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:38 pm 

Thanks Mijzelf,

First thank for convert Fonz Fun-plug to Zyxel NAS usable and all the instructions in Wiki. :D

Thank for reply. It does wake me up a little.

On the de-RAID 1:
Quote:
Have a read on mdadm.

This is a heavy stuff to digest. Well! it will take me sometime to finish and try it out. If I ever did I will post it.

Away I did manage to read the RAID 1 1 TB dsik with Free Partition Manager hook up on my USB to SATA drive interface. On my XP SP3 Notebook, on the drive map the disk contain a small Linux swap partition and large XFS partition where the data store. Unfortuantely no free software that I know can read this XFS partition on Windows. I am not sure if I can use a Live-CD Linux with the USB to SATA to read it? (just thought of it, one of these day I will try.)

FFp free for all telnet login also found in http://nas-tweaks.net/371/hdd-installation-of-the-fun_plug-0-7-on-nas-devices/. I found out after I did some searching. That is why the telnet must be disable. Before the disable of telnet, you must enable SSH and make sure it work, otherwise you can not get back in, or you restart from download the ffp on the stick again. :cry:

It also talk about SSH in brief more detail can be found in http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/ssh-host-key-protection. I am still trying to digest it. :oops:

Telnet Backdoor.
http://zyxel.nas-central.org/wiki/Telnet_backdoor It looks like I have not been reading technical manual for a while; too many easy reading and dummy books around. Thanks for a knock on my head. :idea: :lol: I have been skimming over it. :oops: I just read it a few more time, I think more or less I get it. Well one of these days I think I will write a more straight forward note on this one. Only after I try it. No offence. :) ;) I use to write it that way too.:lol: