General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:09 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:38 pm 

Hi guys

I have a bit of an issue with my NSA 221 and my Asus RT-N65U router. With this router comes a nice little feature called AiCloud, this feature allows the user to access their network storage devices from anywhere via a DDNS that is setup with Asus.

Now I have setup my DDNS and it works fine, I can access my router remotely and it sees my main PC, laptop and my NSA 221, but when I click on the NSA to access it I get an error saying that the url cannot be connected. I can access my laptop and PC fine and see the files that are shared, but not on the NSA.

This is making me believe that there is a set up problem with the NSA in regards to accessing it remotely. On the router settings for the AiCLoud the web access port is set to 443 and the content streaming is set to 8082. On my NSA the media streaming port is set to 8082 (same as router) but I'm not sure which of the other settings need to be changed in order to get this working. As for the NSA setup in general I have got it set to a static IP address for network drive purposes on my pc and laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.