I've been scurrying all over for details regarding how to use this magic stick called FFP Stick. So far i've tried the means given by the internet and have ended up nothing. I have no knowledge of Linux or whatsoever that runs the lil black box..
So far i've learnt is that :
1) NAS runs on Linux OS
2) FFP is used to allow users to run more applications on the NAS itself.
I've tried doing the steps but results ...
1) tried to upload manually thru ftp but failed due to certain write permission error (?)
2) Whenever i plug my USB stick at the back port, NSA221 will automatically makes a copy of the contents and after a restart, it remains same
3) tried the telnet backdoor and it opens a blank page.
What i have done so far:
1)updated the Firmware to 4.40 (AFM.0)
2) only installed a 1.5TB Seagate HDD
3) torrent downloading thru its (slower then my pc) downloader.
Any can help? Mijzelf if you see this, please advice me this newbie.
Oxnas 810 based
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Is this releated to your attempts to create an FFP stick?snowy89 wrote:1) tried to upload manually thru ftp but failed due to certain write permission error (?)
Have a look in the administration pages, at the USB copy function. Maybe you can switch this off. Doesn't the 221 has a copy button?2) Whenever i plug my USB stick at the back port, NSA221 will automatically makes a copy of the contents
Does the stick meet all requirements? Only one partition, FAT Formatted? Is an ffpboot.log made?and after a restart, it remains same
'it' is your browser, I suppose. That is normal behavior. After that you should be able to login over telnet.3) tried the telnet backdoor and it opens a blank page.