General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dashboard Access Problem
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:37 pm 

Hi,

This is my first post so I should begin with a thanks. Thanks to the various people on this forum I managed to unbrick my NAS. So thanks ever so much.

My problem is now that the drive won't let me access dashboard for long enough to do anything. Also, the D2 Network 2 now thinks its a NetworkSpace2. I've read that this isn't an issue really cause the drive's software is the same for the different ones.

I've tried updating the s/w but it fails before it completes. None of the different methods have worked for me. The drive is v.1.2.93. This was the newest partitions i could find images for.

Any ideas on what I should do next? i realise this is a very open ended question but i'm completely out of ideas…

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:05 pm 

I supposed you used Networkspace 2 partition images? You could wait a few more days. xbitcool promised to upload a dump of a fresh D2N2 this week, and I suppose I should be able to extract the partition images.

Quote:
I've read that this isn't an issue really cause the drive's software is the same for the different ones.
More or less. At least they are close family, and a major part of the scripts can handle all versions of 'Version 2' Lacie's. But the firmware *is* different, which is proven by your webinterface telling it's a Networkspace 2, while the bootloader in flash tells the firmware it's a D2N2.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:42 pm 

thanks for the tips. i guess i'll wait for the new partition images then. i didn't read that post correctly. thanks for the help.