General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:38 pm 

Hello everyone!

I got this NAS from a friend without HD. Ive tried to put my 1tb HD on it using instructions from here: http://lacie.nas-central.org/wiki/Installing_firmware_on_a_fresh_disk_(D2_Network_2) and following instructions on this forum (mainly musafirrlails guide). Ive tried every partitiontable (even guide shows 2 different :?: ) and files with and without mbr but i cant get it to work.

Drive boots and i can do factory reset but Lacie software wont detect HD and it doesnt even show up on my router settings page.

I can start recovery using Lacie software and it finds my HD (weird huh :?: ) but after about 10min it says disconnected or not found, cant recover and contact Lacie.

Im using win8.1 to connect to Lacie (at least trying) and i can only use Ubuntu live cd to setup HD (linked guide says its fine).
Im not really familiar with Linux but i think im doing something right because i can get the drive to boot.

Can someone tell me how to do this right or what guide to use? What partition table should i use and where can i download correct files?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:06 pm 

The tutorial you are pointing to should work fine, AFAIK. So how confident are your that it's a D2v2, and not a D2?

Quote:
Ive tried every partitiontable (even guide shows 2 different :?: )
Actually the partition sizes are not important, as long as they are 'big enough'.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:50 am 

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Mijzelf wrote:
The tutorial you are pointing to should work fine, AFAIK. So how confident are your that it's a D2v2, and not a D2?

Pretty confident since the back label says d2 Network v2... but... Ive registered my product on Lacie website and checked my product from there, says d2 Network EK, clicked on that and it directs to d2 Network :?: hmm... maybe it is just D2, weird.

Mijzelf wrote:
Actually the partition sizes are not important, as long as they are 'big enough'.

Yea, i thought so.

Any idea how to get this work? Seems theres no files for D2 so cant even try if thats the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:14 pm 

First find out what it actually is. Have a look at the PCB to see which SoC is installed. (The big chip with 'Marvel' on it)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:29 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
First find out what it actually is. Have a look at the PCB to see which SoC is installed. (The big chip with 'Marvel' on it)

My drive is d2n and not d2n2.

Contacted Lacie and they have files for every NAS except for this one so it seems im out of luck.

I read somewhere from this forum that edmini v2 may work more or less so i think im going to try that and then just give up.

Thanks for at least trying to help me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:54 am 

Update to my last post.

Edmini v2 files for d2n (if thats what my drive really is) doesnt work. Factory reset works and drive boots but dies immediately. Actually d2n2 files work better than edmini. Reset works, drive boots and stays on but just doesnt show up.

Im not sure if it has something to do about sda2 formated as xfs. Read somewhere that it can cause problems, drive not showing up or something. Still going to try d2n2 files one more time and format sda2 as ext3 and see if that helps.

Also read this topic about installing debian on d2n. Files provided on that topic are gone and i dont have enough experience to compile files etc. so i cant try that.

Maybe mods should move this topic to d2n. (still not sure 100% which one my drive is :? )

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:45 pm 

What's on the chip?

Have a look here. I didn't know fvdw also supports the D2N2, but it's worth a try.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:25 pm 

Yes, fvdw-sl supports d2n2 with the last version 16.0

See http://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2024#p16825 (need to be registered)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:31 pm 

Hello !

More than 3 years have passed, and my Lacie D2 network 2 (3TB Version) is collecting dust

I have tryed this tutorial without success ...
http://lacie.nas-central.org/wiki/Insta ... _Network_2)
Perheaps this works only for the 1TB / 2TB versions

Did anyone succeded recovering a Lacie D2 network 2 that was shipped with 3TB ?

Thank You