General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:30 pm 

Hello!
I have a Lacie 2big Network 2 that had two Seagate 2TB HDDs in raid0. One of the HDDs developed some bad sectors so i replaced both of them with two new Western Digital 2TB drives. I've imaged the old drives to the new ones and everything works fine (the Lacie boots, i can access the web dashboard and all the shares and files are there) except the two blue HDD activity LEDs on the back are off at all times. I've upgraded the firmware to the latest one the dashboard suggested but the activity LEDs are still off regardless of disk activity. When the unit powers on, the LEDs flash red for a couple of seconds but, after booting, they turn off.
When the old drive failed, the LEDs showed a different behaviour than what the user manual says they should: the failing drive had a steady blue light and the drive that was OK had it's LED off. The front LED remained solid blue, the Lacie still booted and the shares were accesible.
Is there any way i can make the LEDs flash on disk activity like they did before?
If needed, i have access to the serial console via a USB-TTL adapter.
Thanks,
Andy.