General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:40 pm 

Since 2011 I am a user of the 2Tb 2Big Network 2. Occasionally I had the problem that the connection with the network was broken. Even it was not recognized in the network overview. The drive does not respond to the power switch to "off". I have to disconnect the power supply and connect again, after that the switch power to "on". It was a way of live to operate the network drive. But now it happens every day! And that is not quite normal. I have changed the power supply, but no positive results. I have mounted a power usage meter and normal usage is about 8-15 Watt. But after the breakdown of disconnection, the power usage in the memory of the meter has a value of 32 Watt max. Something is happening by demanding more power consumption and disconnection.
Anyone has a suggestion what is happening? Where I have to look in the log report?

Arjen

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:09 pm 

By trial and error I have found the cause. The problems vanished after I had installed an EMC-filter in the 12 Volt supply of my LaCie drive. HF-noise at the power supply must sometimes caused the breakdowns. It is a strange case because the drive is situated in a normal living room. Not an industrial area!

Arjen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:54 pm 

Hi Rui,

An EMC filter filters High Frequency pulses out of te supply. It is filter with capacitors and spoils. Relative low cost. Wen you google for emc fiter you wil see that several manufacturers excist. You can make a choice for low amperage like 10A. If possible it can be lower. The voltage is mainly 250V. But you can use it in a 12V supply.
After installing my emc filter, the problem was disappeared.
I will try to attache a picture
An example: http://www.schurter.com/Components/EMC- ... ck-Filters

I hope it was helpful,

Arjen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:54 pm 

Hi Rui,

An EMC filter filters High Frequency pulses out of te supply. It is filter with capacitors and spoils. Relative low cost. Wen you google for emc fiter you wil see that several manufacturers excist. You can make a choice for low amperage like 10A. If possible it can be lower. The voltage is mainly 250V. But you can use it in a 12V supply.
After installing my emc filter, the problem was disappeared.
I will try to attache a picture
An example: http://www.schurter.com/Components/EMC- ... ck-Filters

I hope it was helpful,

Arjen