General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:48 am 

Hi kbzajunior--
Quote:
I dont understand you... ¿Why is necessary create a new user...
The reason I asked you about private shares is cuz I saw you have NS2 and installed ipkg (which has steps to mount /opt on private share /shares/opt)

Quote:
- I have installed ipkg, but when reboot NAS, bye bye.... all dissapear ¿why?
From what I went through, one has to make sure that dash creates private share area on NS2 (i.e. /shares/opt) and then check for disk usage by root folder and lacie folder (I think...du -sk) and df -h to see the successful mounts (and check the mount logs)...it seems that you didnt auto mount so your ipkg must be in /shares area (just a guess) and will have to manually mount to proceed..check all areas (/shares/opt, /media/internal_8/shares/opt and /opt)

I haven;t set up my NS2 to time capsule auto backup process..maybe you can go through Lacie manual...for sharing area between computers, NS2 has public share area (OpenShare)

So back to my question, does your NS2 web dashboard has a way to add private share under Users/Shares page?

Andreus-
I had another issue-- is there any other source to install mencoder as here it gives an error (Flle not found frameno.avi when I try to test MEncoder 1.0pre7-3.4.2) and in squeeze env., I cannot install mediainfo (does that mean I will have to build/compile it on debian-squeeze too using lenny steps?)

Glad I can use winscp+putty as you confirmed without ubuntu...Phew! can work on building environment without leaving windows.

Also can you share .desc files you used to transcode in Twonky? Did you try mencoder engine in twonky? Did you try pmsencoder engine on PS3 media server? I guess I will share my transcoding experience once I can sort the mencoder (under ipkg) and mediainfo (under apt-get)

Have a good weekend. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:08 am 

glenrocks wrote:
I had another issue-- is there any other source to install mencoder as here it gives an error (Flle not found frameno.avi when I try to test MEncoder 1.0pre7-3.4.2)

See here http://lacie.nas-central.org/wiki/Categ ... il_2011.29
WARNING: This method works for installing PS3MediaServer, but since the ipkg mencoder package has errors, it doesn't work for transcoding with mencoder (ex: for subtitles).
When i tried to install back in 2011, the meconder package quicknick and sended had some errors.

Have you tried here? http://optwarefind.nslu2-linux.org/packages

glenrocks wrote:
and in squeeze env., I cannot install mediainfo (does that mean I will have to build/compile it on debian-squeeze too using lenny steps?)

you should manage to install it in squeeze

the mediainfo package is in ftp://ftp.debian-multimedia.org/ source that if you follow the instructions shoulf be in your squeeze /etc/apt/source.list

Another thing, since you're trying this, if you can, use newer versions of the packages/software and update the wiki with that versions :)
Examples:
wiki: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mediai ... ce.tar.bz2
new: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mediai ... ce.tar.bz2

wiki: http://ps3mediaserver.googlecode.com/fi ... 1.21.1.tgz
new: http://ps3mediaserver.googlecode.com/fi ... 1.52.1.tgz

glenrocks wrote:
Also can you share .desc files you used to transcode in Twonky? Did you try mencoder engine in twonky? Did you try pmsencoder engine on PS3 media server? I guess I will share my transcoding experience once I can sort the mencoder (under ipkg) and mediainfo (under apt-get)

I didn't use twonky transcode, but i think you can find some help in twonky forum http://www.twonkyforum.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:28 pm 

glenrocks wrote:
So back to my question, does your NS2 web dashboard has a way to add private share under Users/Shares page?

In web dashboard only can add users, dont have way to create a new shared directory ( or i dont know ...).
See the pic:

Yesterday, i have installed debian-squeeze only for try it.
Thanks again

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:21 pm 

I just got a new Network Space 2 with firmware version 2.2.5, and I see that the newest version of the firmware is version 2.2.8.

Can anyone tell me (hypothetically or from experience) if (a) this script can be used to gain root access to a device with stock version 2.2.5, (b) if the script works on version 2.2.8 of the LaCie software, and (c) if using the firmware updates from this script can brick the device (e.g., does it right to the original firmware partition /sda/8?)

Thanks!

PS - I had previously gained root access to a device with v 2.2.5 stock firmware using this script, but the device started to have several issues where it would crash, the lights would blink blue, or it would not respond to pressing the power button. I *hope* that this was due to the drive being bad, but I cannot say for certain.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:55 pm 

metronomadic wrote:
I just got a new Network Space 2 with firmware version 2.2.5, and I see that the newest version of the firmware is version 2.2.8.

Can anyone tell me (hypothetically or from experience) if (a) this script can be used to gain root access to a device with stock version 2.2.5, (b) if the script works on version 2.2.8 of the LaCie software, and (c) if using the firmware updates from this script can brick the device (e.g., does it right to the original firmware partition /sda/8?)

Thanks!

PS - I had previously gained root access to a device with v 2.2.5 stock firmware using this script, but the device started to have several issues where it would crash, the lights would blink blue, or it would not respond to pressing the power button. I *hope* that this was due to the drive being bad, but I cannot say for certain.

(a) yes
(b) yes
(c) this is firmware update so the risks are more or less the same as a firmware update. In pratcly all cases everything went fine. there have been some issues in the past (you can read the the main topic), but as far as i know it, never a lacie as been bricked with this script. I use the custom script since version 1.3.x and never had problems. But it's always your call
If you go ahead please post here the results

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:16 am 

andreus wrote:
(a) yes
(b) yes
(c) this is firmware update so the risks are more or less the same as a firmware update. In pratcly all cases everything went fine. there have been some issues in the past (you can read the the main topic), but as far as i know it, never a lacie as been bricked with this script. I use the custom script since version 1.3.x and never had problems. But it's always your call

I can't get it to upgrade properly - it seems to get stuck in a non-stop cycle with the blue light blinking about once every second. Oh well :?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:17 am 

metronomadic wrote:
andreus wrote:
(a) yes
(b) yes

I can't get it to upgrade properly - it seems to get stuck in a non-stop cycle with the blue light blinking about once every second. Oh well :?

Do a factory reset

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:51 am 

kbzajunior wrote:
glenrocks wrote:

In web dashboard only can add users, dont have way to create a new shared directory ( or i dont know ...).
See the pic:

Yesterday, i have installed debian-squeeze only for try it.
Thanks again

I found your posting trying to follow the instructions for "Manage Force Update" and hit the wall that I can't add a share from the Users/Shared dashboard. It turns out you can just go to the file browser in the web UI when logged in as admin and the MyShare already exists. Simply create the "Update" folder and upload your capsule, reboot and viola.

I just successfully rooted my 2.2.8 upgrade and I'm extremely happy about it. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:28 pm 

I run into the problem, that I can't update my NS2 with the custom capsule. I was on 1.2.6, /Update in MyShare and direct in /MyShare don't work. The *.capsule got deleted from the /Update folder, but no root, no transmission control ie.

I managed to get root via the ajax explorer bug and deleted some bogues files, did a factory reset, Logged in, reboot with capsule 2.2.5.1 in /Update, same problem with no root and capsule is gone.

I tried every version from 1.2.6 to 2.2.8 with the custom capsule and none did work to update. When I try to update via Network Assistant I get the response that my LaCi NS2 is version 2.2.5 and the update is for 2.2.5.1 for example. Tried it with every capsule version and several factory resets and several official capsules first, than custom capsule.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:31 pm 

Did you tried to reboot twice afteer the custom capsule update?

Did you tried 2222 ssh port?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:10 pm 

I did always the double reboot but all I get on "ssh -p 2222 backstore" is connection refused.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:02 pm 

In the webinterface, under 'support' you can download the system log. In var/log/unicorn.log you can maybe find what goes wrong. A sample from my log (update succeeded):
Code:
Jul 10 19:57:35 (none) [INFO update.scan@56] capsule found: /media/internal_6/shares/1/networkspace_2_ffp.capsule
Jul 10 19:57:35 (none) [DEBUG capsule.extract@243] extract files from /media/internal_6/shares/1/networkspace_2_ffp.capsule
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.check@151] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/description.xml
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.parse@175] parse XML
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.check@151] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/repository/post_exec.sh
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.check@151] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/uImage
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.check@151] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/repository/pre_exec.sh
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.__check_system_matching@314] check if product/version is the right one
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.write@54] write kernel /capsule/uImage to partition /dev/sda10
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [INFO capsule.install@341] capsule installed: /media/internal_6/shares/1/networkspace_2_ffp.capsule   {'main_file': u'uImage', 'product': u'Network Space 2', 'version': u'9.9.9', 'type': u'open', 'min_version': u'1.0.1'}

@andreus: I successfully upgraded my NS2 from firmware 1.0.2 to 2.2.8.1 with root access. Capsule generated on Debian Squeeze on an Arm system.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:50 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
In the webinterface, under 'support' you can download the system log. In var/log/unicorn.log you can maybe find what goes wrong. A sample from my log (update succeeded):
Code:
Jul 10 19:57:35 (none) [INFO update.scan@56] capsule found: /media/internal_6/shares/1/networkspace_2_ffp.capsule
Jul 10 19:57:35 (none) [DEBUG capsule.extract@243] extract files from /media/internal_6/shares/1/networkspace_2_ffp.capsule
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.check@151] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/description.xml
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.parse@175] parse XML
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.check@151] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/repository/post_exec.sh
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.check@151] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/uImage
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.check@151] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/repository/pre_exec.sh
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.__check_system_matching@314] check if product/version is the right one
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [DEBUG capsule.write@54] write kernel /capsule/uImage to partition /dev/sda10
Jul 10 19:57:36 (none) [INFO capsule.install@341] capsule installed: /media/internal_6/shares/1/networkspace_2_ffp.capsule   {'main_file': u'uImage', 'product': u'Network Space 2', 'version': u'9.9.9', 'type': u'open', 'min_version': u'1.0.1'}

There is no such entry in my logfiles. I checked every logfile in de the diagnostics. The capsule file is gone again. I put it into the /Update folder before I restarted the NS2. After the restart there was no capsule file anymore and nothing within the log files.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:58 am 

tripex wrote:
and nothing within the log files.
Nothing? Can I take that literally? Is by chance your sda9 partition completely full?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:37 am 

How do I check this? Since original capsules can do the upgrade. I can revert back to 1.2.6, use the ajax browser bug to get root access if you wish to find this out, but I don't know the command for this.

You can take a look into my logfiles: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11396851/diagnostics.zip

EDIT: Ok, I found the passage in unicorn_core.log not unicorn.log

Code:
Jul 12 18:17:46 BackStore [INFO update.check_for_capsule@70] capsule found: /media/internal_6/shares/1/Update/networkspace2_2.2.5.1.capsule
Jul 12 18:17:46 BackStore [DEBUG capsule.extract@254] extract files from /media/internal_6/shares/1/Update/networkspace2_2.2.5.1.capsule
Jul 12 18:18:01 BackStore [DEBUG capsule.check@161] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/description.xml
Jul 12 18:18:01 BackStore [DEBUG capsule.parse@186] parse XML
Jul 12 18:18:01 BackStore [DEBUG capsule.check@161] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/repository/bootfs.tar.lzma
Jul 12 18:18:02 BackStore [DEBUG capsule.check@161] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/uImage
Jul 12 18:18:03 BackStore [DEBUG capsule.check@161] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/exec/pre_exec/checkLogSize.sh
Jul 12 18:18:03 BackStore [DEBUG capsule.check@161] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/exec/pre_exec/updateBootfsLib.sh
Jul 12 18:18:03 BackStore [DEBUG capsule.check@161] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/exec/post_exec/cleanupLegacyFiles.sh
Jul 12 18:18:03 BackStore [DEBUG capsule.check@161] check SHA-1 hash of /capsule/repository/uImage

And after that a massive amount of weird ASCII chars. You can see it yourself in the unicorn_core.log

I created the capsule under MINT Linux 13 Maya. Ubuntu 12.04 won't work, creates errors. I run my Linux under VirtualBox. My MAC has some parts to create the capsules, but something is missing and I can't get everythign run under Mac OSX Lion with Homebrew.

Oh and a little update for the script:

The "cp -dpR" command doesn't work on MAC OS X Lion after you got everything else via Homebrew. But "cp -aP" works. And it works under any Linux distro: http://linux.about.com/od/commands/l/blcmdl1_cp.htm - Tested on MINT/FreeBSD.

Quote:
-a, --archive
same as -dpR

Quote:
-P
same as `--no-dereference'

With this changed I was able to create the capsule under Mac OS X Lion. But same problem, after checking SHA1 of the uImage file strange ASCII chars and no update.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next