Flashing blue light...

readicculus

Re: Flashing blue light...

Post by readicculus » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Hello everyone.
Im having a similar problem here. I tried updating it through the Lacie Network Assistant, since then blue blinking light and the drive wont show up anymore.
Power button doesn't shut it off. Tried the factory reset but I wasn't able to get to the red light stage.
It is covered under warranty but I have data on there I would really like to recover. I recently bought another one just like it and tried switching power supplies and cables, so i know thats not the problem.

Im hoping that somehow I can update it and it will work.

Im using a mac and have never used linux before. Any suggestions?

ludibot

Post by ludibot » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi,
Which update version did you try to apply ? 2.1.3 ?

If you want to do a "restore to factory", here is how to do :
1) Make sure the device is turned OFF. Unplug the power cable if necessary
2) Press and hold the front button and start the NAS. Keep the button hold until the LED becomes RED.. Release the button immediately when the LED becomes solid red.
3) The moment the LED begins to blink red, press the button again. Please note that the LED will only blink red for five seconds, so you must press the button again to confirm the reset before it turns solid. If you do not press the button while the red light is blinking, the drive will start normally and the Reset to Factory process will be aborted.
4) When successfully reset, the device will restart automatically, returning to its factory settings.

All your data will be store in a directory "Recovery" in the share "Share".

Regards,
Ludibot.

mav81

Post by mav81 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem as the OP. I tried to update my firmware, and now it just blinks blue. It does not power off when I turn the switch to off (only when I unplug it), and I cannot reset to factory settings (I have a backup of my data, so I don't mind everything being wiped off it. When I try to reset, it does not get to a red light at all, just keeps blinking blue.

Any ideas?

CharlesAlexander

Post by CharlesAlexander » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:56 pm

ludibot wrote:Hi,
Which update version did you try to apply ? 2.1.3 ?

If you want to do a "restore to factory", here is how to do :
1) Make sure the device is turned OFF. Unplug the power cable if necessary
2) Press and hold the front button and start the NAS. Keep the button hold until the
led light becomes RED.. Release the button immediately when the LED becomes solid red.
3) The moment the LED begins to blink red, press the button again. Please note that the LED will only blink red for five seconds, so you must press the button again to confirm the reset before it turns solid. If you do not press the button while the red light is blinking, the drive will start normally and the Reset to Factory process will be aborted.
4) When successfully reset, the device will restart automatically, returning to its factory settings.

All your data will be store in a directory "Recovery" in the share "Share".

Regards,
Ludibot.
I am having the identical issue as the OP. I tried to upgrade my firmware, and now it just blinks red.