General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:10 pm 

Very often my 2Big2 Network is not responding in my network. In that case, also it is not possible to switch off by the hard power switch, there is no response for to switch off. I have to switch the power switch to "off", to pull out the power connector, wait for some time, pull back the power connector and to switch "on" the power switch. And the 2Big2 will restart and after that, works well.
This phenomenon is now increasing and begins to irritate.
There must be a influence from outside. Namely, I have had a 2Big (1,5 Tb) before. And also with the described problem. I have sent this 2Big to the LaCie service center with this problem. I got back another drive 2Big2 and after a while the same story started again.. So I tried to live with this problem. But now it happens to often! Meanwhile the router is exchanged, the 2Big2 placed in another room. Without any improving. Several times given a WOL command, but no response.
So I got a opinion, is it possible that the 2Big Network and the 2Big2 Network are sensitive for power fluctuations? Has anyone had the same problem? I have seen in a thread of 1 February 2013 called "Factory reset for unresponsive 2Big box" the same problem was described.

Arjen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:08 pm 

Problem solved!
I have changed the powersupply by another one and now the 2big2 Network is sill alive, without any disruption, after 2 month. Before I had sometimes 3-5 times a week a dead 2Big2.
Strange that the previous power supply incidently introduced breakdowns to the 2Big2!

Arjen