This small guide will help you get your NAS working again.
What you will need:
- A 2big NAS v2 with working firmware
- A functional, 2big NAS v2 compatible drive.
- Ethernet (LAN) connection to the internet
- Connect your NAS via Ethernet to your router and ensure it has internet access.
- Make sure your NAS is turned "OFF". Power switch set to off, no drive activity.
- Remove both drives from your NAS.
- Switch your NAS "ON" and wait for the front LED to become solid blue. This will take about 1-2 minutes.
- Insert both drives and wait about 2 minutes.
- Press and hold the front LED for more than 5 seconds. Release when it starts blinking.
- Now wait about 15-20 minutes and your drives will be re-written with the factory settings. Do not turn your NAS off meanwhile!