General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:33 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:42 pm
Posts: 5
Hi, I just upgraded my ix2-200 to Cloud Edition, version 3.2.6.21659.
I have a Movie folder, where I put .avi and other movie formats, so I can watch them from my wifi TV.
Before updating to Cloud Edition, I was able to correctly browse folders and subfolders (e.g. Movies > The Walking Dead > Season 1, or Movies > Dexter > Season 2 and so on), exactly like I browse them from a pc (the structure is the same).
After the upgrade, all folders are "mixed": there is a "flat hierarchy", the Movies directory contains all the subfolders, regardless their depth and nesting (in my example, inside Movies, I see Season 1 and Season 2 at the same level, this is confusing).
Is there a workaround?

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:47 pm
Posts: 7
Sounds like it's how the media streaming service is serving its content.

Since you upgraded, I'm guessing it's a Twonky version.

Have you tried changing your media receiver settings in Twonky?
http://iporhostnameofix2:5099 - Settings -> Sharing -> Media Receivers
Change the Navigation Type in there.

Hope this helps.

PS Somehow my Windows Media Player sees one big, unsorted folder as well, while my Smart TV shows all (sub)folders neatly

Cheers,
Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:42 pm
Posts: 5
MikevZ wrote:
Sounds like it's how the media streaming service is serving its content.

Since you upgraded, I'm guessing it's a Twonky version.

Have you tried changing your media receiver settings in Twonky?
http://iporhostnameofix2:5099 - Settings -> Sharing -> Media Receivers
Change the Navigation Type in there.

Hope this helps.

PS Somehow my Windows Media Player sees one big, unsorted folder as well, while my Smart TV shows all (sub)folders neatly

Cheers,
Mike


Hi Mike, thanks for your reply.
I tried http://my-nas-ip:5099, but on port 5099 there isn't anything listening...
I can only go to web interface: http://my-nas-ip:80/manage.html
What is Twonky? Sorry for my trivial questions.

Erik


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:15 am
Posts: 44
Try port 50599 ;)

Then Settings->Basic Setup->First steps-> On Navigation Tree settings choose 'Advanced Media View' or 'By Folder'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:42 pm
Posts: 5
eyp wrote:
Try port 50599 ;)

Then Settings->Basic Setup->First steps-> On Navigation Tree settings choose 'Advanced Media View' or 'By Folder'


It works! And now I am able to change language... "Advanced Media View" or "By Folder" works perfectly.
I didn't know anything about this functionality and the web interface on port 50599, how did you know about it?

Many thanks to everyone, you solved my little problem :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:15 am
Posts: 44
eleftrik wrote:
eyp wrote:
Try port 50599 ;)

Then Settings->Basic Setup->First steps-> On Navigation Tree settings choose 'Advanced Media View' or 'By Folder'


It works! And now I am able to change language... "Advanced Media View" or "By Folder" works perfectly.
I didn't know anything about this functionality and the web interface on port 50599, how did you know about it?

Many thanks to everyone, you solved my little problem :-)


I know about it because I had the same problem that you several months ago, and surfing I discovered the Twonky Server that comes installed with this nas.

Anyway, in page 86 of the manual there is a reference to this server....
http://download.iomega.com/manuals/ix2- ... 200_en.pdf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:42 pm
Posts: 5
eyp wrote:
I know about it because I had the same problem that you several months ago, and surfing I discovered the Twonky Server that comes installed with this nas.

Anyway, in page 86 of the manual there is a reference to this server....
http://download.iomega.com/manuals/ix2- ... 200_en.pdf


Ops... I didn't RTFM :D

Thanks for your support!

Erik


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:47 pm
Posts: 7
Sorry for my typo in the port number. Glad another user chipped in and helped solve your problem


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:42 pm
Posts: 5
MikevZ wrote:
Sorry for my typo in the port number. Glad another user chipped in and helped solve your problem


No problem MikevZ, you told me about Twonky server, I didn't even know it existed :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group