General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 9:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:56 am 

hi guys, hope someone can help me, as l have run out of ideas.

history:
6 months ago, hdd 1 failed and replaced with a WD Red 3TB. Raid rebuilt successfully, no problems.
Recently hdd 2 was reporting that could it fail so l replaced with another WD Red 3TB, Raid rebuilt successfully, no problems.

At this point l decided to do a factory reset from within the Iomega web interface, so l could take advantage of the additional space on the new hdss. The web interface was telling me it was wiping the disks, but remained at 0% for 48 hours.
I figured something was wrong so rebooted the NAS, but it didnt come back to life.

I removed both WD Red 3TB disks and inserted the original Seagate 1Tb disk into Slot 1. NAS boots fine, no problems, except web interface is telling me that the disk could fail.

So l then shutdown NAS and add WD Red 3TB to Slot 2. NAS doesn't boot, just get flashing white light even after leaving it overnight.

Have repeated the last two steps with the other WD Red 3TB and the Seagate 1TB, but same problem.

Any suggestions?

Ix2-200 Cloud Edition running 3.2.14.30167

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:24 am 

So l have made some progress, Lenovo have given me the StorCenter Device Imager utility which will load the firmware back onto the NAS hdd's.

This was successful and the NAS boots up perfectly. Played around with the GUI and all seemed fine.

When l rebooted the NAS, l can't access the web GUI, l can ping the IP address of the NAS, but both Chrome and IE cannot find a page to load.
LED lights on the front of the IX2-200 CE, solid Power Light only.

Scratching my head.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:50 pm 

Can you get the box alive again when you use the imager stick again? If yes, what is the reported volume size?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:49 am 

yes, l can re-image and get the NAS alive again.

the volume size is correct for the 2 x 3TB disks inside the enclosure.

I have made further progress and think l have fixed the issue. Looking at the network config on the NAS, it is set to DHCP, which is fine. As my router will always allocate the same IP address to the NAS. And l never had an issue pinging the IP address. N.B. there are no duplicate IP address's, l have triple checked.

Despite this l have set the IP address manually and have had much more success. The NAS now reboots and shutdowns successfully after it has been re-imaged.

Also l have been able to apply the latest firmware, although this did take about an hour before NAS was available again.