General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:58 pm 

Hi guys after reading over the internet for a while i can now make this mini tutorial to help everyone that have the normal ix2-200 and wants to convert it to the new ix2-200 cloud edition, this works 100% please backup your unit because will wipe the hard drives this can also be used to fit new hard drives to the unit, after this you will have a cloud edition on latest firmware ix2-200-3.1.12.47838, so lets start.

First get a usb pen with 2gb minimum, under windows format it in fat32

After download USB INIT software from iomega here: https://iomega-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/a ... a_id/24661

DriveFWUpdater-1.8.exe

Run it and select the usb pen that you just format in fat32, after finish you will have few folders on the pen, go to: emctools/ix2-200d_images and delete the file inside after that inside ix2-200d_images put the tgz file that i made for you get it from here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9ZFTK4MN

or

https://rapidshare.com/files/2753799353/ix2-boot.tgz

so now inside emctools you will have a folder called ix2-200d_images and inside that you will have a file called ix2-boot.tgz if you have this then you are ready to go, next step..

Plug the usb stick to the back lower usb port and with a clip press the reset button for 15 seconds after a min or so you will see the usb stick indicator a led should blink on your usb stick remove the clip from the reset button and wait the pen will be acessed for about 5 to 6 min then the unit will power off this means the unit its updated and ready to go, press the power button on the front and wait for about 5 min then access the unit via iomega software for cloud edition and there you go you now have a ix2-200 converted to the new cloud edition.

I did my best to explain you can read more here: http://iomega.nas-central.org/wiki/Cate ... 0-usb-init

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:11 am 

Hi,

Do you know if this will work on the IX2?

Cheers

Carl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:20 am 

Hi All,

I tested the following procedure and seem to get a "bricked" device. So i went back to the initial firmware, hoping this would role me back to the previous FW.

After I download USB INIT software from iomega here: https://iomega-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/a ... a_id/24661

I followed the IOMEGA procedures, to update the hard drives, once this was done i re-powered up the device and after a few minutes, hey presto it was back up and working... but with the new FW release!

I have an IX2 (listed on the front case of my device) however on the old Iomega web page for configuring the device it was listed as an ix2-200.

So the procedure kinda almost works for an IX2.

Cheers

Carl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:10 am 

Hey!

I bought two ix2-200 on eBay. They came without harddrives as we wanted to put in our own Samsung drives. I tried your method (I like the idea of upgrading to cloud edition simultaneously) but am still getting a constant blinking white led. The Ix2s are not accessing the USB stick. To be exactly they are doing nothing ;)

I guess that I set up the USB stick correctly (did it twice), but maybe fail at the reset-procedure? Or is there another mistake?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:14 pm 

Hi all,

Im having the same problem as ridgerider, ive loaded the 4gb usb stick with the files from the updater 1.8, deleted the preimage.sh from ix2-200d_images and replaced with ix2-boot.tgz.

Turned off the ix2, inserted usb stick in bottom back socket, held in the reset button, turned back on and in about a minute the usb light flashed about 3 times then released the reset, but then nothing happens, the white light flashes but the usb stick light does nothing.

I've tried holding down the reset longer, moving the usb stick to a different usb port but still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Pavo :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:43 pm 

OK guys, this method works perfect but needs more explanation. Someone had to do it so I did :)

Here it is... enjoy:

http://www.technopat.net/forum/ssd-flash-ve-sabit-diskler/2790-upgrading-iomega-ix2-200-cloud-edition.html

Last edited by coolrecep on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:49 am 

Quote:
404 Hatası - Aradığınız sayfa bulunamadı

I invite you to write a Wiki article about the case.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:17 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
Quote:
404 Hatası - Aradığınız sayfa bulunamadı

I invite you to write a Wiki article about the case.

Sorry for that. we had to pull the article back beacuse it was looking odd completely in english, on a turkish web site. I have moved the article to our forums.

Enjoy.

Upgrading Iomega ix2-200 to Cloud Edition

Edit: I have updated the articele. You have to do the last step twice!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:30 pm 

Hi, ok having tried four times deleting the drive volumes and still nothing happening, tried a different usb stick and all systems go, now rocking the cloud edition thanks for help all, much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:52 pm 

I am really really glad that you have it sorted out. I will update the article mentioning the need of a different USB in some cases.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:24 pm 

Hi guys, this was tested on a ix2-200 non cloud edition and works 100%, the firmware that i post was made on linux to save you time, if you fit new hard drives this will set them up then you can change from raid 0 to 1 or vice versa or no raid. i will try to make a video.

For people with difficulties to reset the unit do like this, unplug the power cord, plug the usb pen, plug the power cord wait 5 seconds and use a clip to reset it keep the reset pressed until your usb pen flashes after that let it go, the pen will flash then stop and then it will flash for 5 or 6 min and the unit will power it self of once finish, unplug the usb pen once the unit is turn off then power up and wait.

I hope it works for you, mine is running just fine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:07 pm 

Hello guys, i am not that experienced with Linux and don't have Linux machine to work on either but I would like to convert my ix2-200 to Cloud Edition using latest firmware. Any chance anybody could post the tgz file already prepared with latest available fw (3.1.12.47838.tgz)?

thanks a lot!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:08 am 

Read before posting dude... Read.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:33 pm 

Yeah, I know, I had completely missed the fw version the first time I read the post!! my bad...

I did try this procedure last night and I can confirm it works, i just had to flash twice as advised in the guide.

Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:20 am 

Thanks everyone, a 3rd USB-Stick worked! :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next