General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:55 am 

Thanks your Burak Alkan and all guys my ix2-200 is now a cloud edition .
I upgrade 2 times and it worked after that i use Lexar 8go LJDTT8GB
Goog work

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:00 pm 

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have added those feedback to the guide. But to be more specific and helpful, I would like to provide a list of USB sticks that worked flawlessly.

Oh, the first one is already here :)

Thanks kadjor

Lexar JumpDrive TwistTurn 8 GB (LJDTT8GB)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:31 pm 

Has anyone tried this on IX4-200d? (non-cloud to Cloud edition) I just tried, following the USB init article. So i downloaded the IX4-200d Cloud Edition firmware, and edited the script, and got the ix4-boot.tgz file. Placed on FAT32 formatted stick (This has been used before to restore from scratsh so USB stick works) and the upgrade process started fine.

However, after rebooting the device just shows the IOmega logo in the display ("flashes" the logo every 10-15 seconds) and loops into rebooting. It seems like it is trying to access the disk once every 10-15 seconds.
I have tried 3 other USB keys - same result. It does not even read on the USB at all. Also tried all 3 USB ports on the device. Took out the battery from the mainboard over the night to try and reset everything - still no luck.
Also tried with the original firmware, same result.

Am i the proud owner of a IX4-200d paper-weight, or does anyone in here have the secret sauce?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:13 pm 

Worked after 2nd flash and it detects 3TB disks now (2 x WD30EZRX working as RAID1 now) . USb stick was Kingston DataTraveler 2GB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:15 pm 

@ix4crash Have you tried the last step twice? Have you wiped the disks before the process?

Thanks @hms. Adding to the list.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:15 am 

coolrecep wrote:
@ix4crash Have you tried the last step twice? Have you wiped the disks before the process?

Thanks @hms. Adding to the list.

Yeah, tried the last process a lot of times, i also tried the IOmega HDD firmware update tool with the original disks. Same result, it never reads from the USB device.
I have tried wiping the disks using various tools, also fdisk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:18 pm 

After the change to ix2-200 Cloud Edition, can I apply the official iomega upgrade file when they release a new firmware version? If not, what will be the procedure?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:01 pm 

If Iomega is not pissed off and does not put a hardware check (if there is actually :) ) in the new firmware, we will easily update via web interface.

I don't see any reason...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:07 pm 

ix4crash, any chance you found an answer to your problem? I too attempted the non-cloud to cloud firmware update using the ix2 instructions as a guide...made the necessary changes where applicable and now my ix4 is a paperweight as well...same end result. Tried everything you tried as well...nothing doing. :0/

Any advice/update you (or anyone else) can provide is appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:25 am 

ix4crash wrote:
Has anyone tried this on IX4-200d? (non-cloud to Cloud edition) I just tried, following the USB init article. So i downloaded the IX4-200d Cloud Edition firmware, and edited the script, and got the ix4-boot.tgz file. Placed on FAT32 formatted stick (This has been used before to restore from scratsh so USB stick works) and the upgrade process started fine.

However, after rebooting the device just shows the IOmega logo in the display ("flashes" the logo every 10-15 seconds) and loops into rebooting. It seems like it is trying to access the disk once every 10-15 seconds.
I have tried 3 other USB keys - same result. It does not even read on the USB at all. Also tried all 3 USB ports on the device. Took out the battery from the mainboard over the night to try and reset everything - still no luck.
Also tried with the original firmware, same result.

Am i the proud owner of a IX4-200d paper-weight, or does anyone in here have the secret sauce?

Same problem here the unit is a paper weight.
The unit cant reflash via usb anymore

DONT USE THIS IN THE IX4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:57 am 

Is it necessary to wipe the drives first if you've used them inside your ix2-200, or will the process wipe them for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:55 am 

I just bought an ix4-200d online that did not have an os installed - it was the non cloud model and was booting up to the usb key symbol. I thought I'd give this a try with the current cloud edition firmware but I am in the same boat as the others who tried on the ix4-200d's. It seemed to be going good - read off the key for a while and then showed the progress bar on the display and got to about 75% but then it powered off. Instead of getting the usb symbol now i'm seeing the iomega logo for about 10 seconds or so followed by a reboot loop with that logo. it never gets back to the point where it will allow it to boot off off the usb key. I attempted pulling the hard disks out and deleting the partition table on them but that didn't help. wondering if there was a firmware flash aside from the new os in that code that isn't compatible with this motherboard?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:18 pm 

hello, my name is Ezequiel and I'm from Argentina, I follow this guide to replace the disks on my Iomega ix2-200 .

http://www.technopat.net/forum/ssd-flas ... ition.html

But after this step:

" After about 5 minutes when this process is done, ix2-200 will shut itself down. Remove the USB Flash Drive, plug in the network cable and press the power button in front of the device. Again after about 5 minutes, ix2-200 will preapere the OS for the first time and you will be able to reach it via web interface "

I turn on the unit but does not boot disks. only white light is blinking and then turns off, repeat the same thing all the time.

I repeated the process but does not work, delete all partitions on the disk but neither worked.

Can you help? I'm desperate.

Sorry for my bad English

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:30 am 

Thanks for bringing this awesome update that brings life to my old IX2-200 NAS.

i have successfully upgrade my IX2-200 to the Cloud Edition. The only problem I have is the Remote Access is not functioning. Could anybody tell me how to make it work.

Also, I don't like the torrent interface, it doesn't show any progress bar while torrent is downloading.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:13 pm 

Just wanted to add my thanks as well. A drive had failed in my IX2-200 and Iomega were worse than useless when it came to sorting it. Thankfully the above method worked fine. FYI, I used a Sandisk 8GB Cruzer Slice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next