General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:49 pm 

First of all... I'm new on this forum, hi everybody!

I'm having trouble upgrading the 5Big software. Currently it's running v2.1.2 and I want to upgrade to v2.2.6, especially for the Timemachine support.
To upgrade to v2.2.6 I have to first upgrade to v2.2.3 through the Lacie network assistant and then through the http page the backend update and then v2.2.6. But I get stuck on the first part, it simply doesn't upgrade to 2.2.3 so I can't proceed to 2.2.6... Anybody have experience with this issue?
I tried a few things amongst resetting the system to factory defaults, but no luck. After installing 2.2.3 the system still tells me it's on 2.1.2. Tried rebooting after installing 2.2.3, doesn't help, it's stuck on 2.1.2. Maybe it's a bug or something in Lacie network assistant or 5Big that's preventing the update.
Lacie support asked if I wanted to send the device to their offices in Brussels and then they would wipe all the data and fix it for me. Well, that doesn't really sound great to me...
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:47 am 

I seem to remember having similar problems.
I managed to get hold of 2.2.3 RC version (not from Lacie) and it worked.
Since then I've been able to patch all the way up to 2.2.8

I recommend that you do everything you can to get this issue resolved by LaCie, rather than using this file:
http://www.sitexcms.org/content/files/c ... .2.3-r1802
Obviously, use this at your own risk, and if it doesn't work for you and your 5Big gets bricked, I can accept no responsibility.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:12 pm 

philmills wrote:
Obviously, use this at your own risk, and if it doesn't work for you and your 5Big gets bricked, I can accept no responsibility.

That worked for me, thanks. That update needs the lacie network assistant, all the others could be done through the web interface.

By the way, I managed to brick my storage for a different reason. I posted the problem on the topic "Need disk image for Lacie 5big Network". If you are interested, I really need some help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:33 am 

Hi every one,

I have the same problem, can anyone give me a valid link to upgrade my NAS in 2.2.3 version.
Thanks by advance,
Best regards,
Cricrou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:47 pm 

Hi there,

Just went through the process of upgrading my 5Big Network...
Wasn't crystal clear and took me few hours to complete the 'adventure' !!!

You can contact LaCie support by phone and they'll give you access to a google drive where all necessary files are stored.
Alternatively I can send you a wetransfer link if you prefer, just PM me.

To upgrade your 5Big :
1) upgrade to 2.1.2 rc4 using the web console
2) upgrade to 2.2.3 is the trickiest !!
I could complete this part only from a windows PC, using the LaCie Network Assistant (latest version 1.5.xxx)
I tried all possible combination and believe me the is the only way I could upgrade to 2.2.3
3) upgrade to 2.2.6 is in 2 part : start with the backend update, then the 2.2.6
I loaded both from the web console
4) next upgrade can be uploaded from LaCie 2.2.8 and was loaded again using the web console

Finally there is on laCie a 2.2.8 a patch / corrected 2.2.8 upgrade : I loaded both but couldn't really check with one is active ...

Good luck with the upgrade, if you follow my steps you should be able to complete it in 1 hour or so !
(took me a bit more than that ...)