Lacie Wireless Space Nightmare!!!

exondus

Lacie Wireless Space Nightmare!!!

Post by exondus » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:53 pm

Please indulge me for a sec, I have a tale.

I purchased the drive about a week ago. I first tried to use the set up wizard to install but my MacBook Pro could never find the LWS, I also tried on Windows to no avail. On the Lacie website I found advice that said that I can go ahead and connect the LWS to the router and then install the Network Assistant and that this would assist my machine to find the drive. I indeed was able to locate the drive, so I then attempted to log into the Dashboard so that I could access all the interesting features to no avail because seemingly the default 'admin' username and password do not work. I read somewhere that I needed to use my router's login details, nope, this did not work either. Since then I have been toiling online trying to find a way to reset the drive to factory settings hoping that this would help reset the login details to the 'admin' default. Nothing has worked thus far. Can someone please help me. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

grpw

Re: Lacie Wireless Space Nightmare!!!

Post by grpw » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:00 pm

read manual page 11 : Reset to default when Wireless Space is on.

exondus

Post by exondus » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi grpw, thanx for the response. I've been through that process many times and the one thing it does not do is reset the username and password to 'admin', all my data gets backed up in a single folder which is cool, but I still can't log into the Dashboard.

grpw

Post by grpw » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:45 pm

try user: lacie
password: lacie
it seams to be default user in config file