Home config for two wirelessspace devices

meowfiz

Home config for two wirelessspace devices

Post by meowfiz » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi all,

I have two wirelessspace routers in my home network. Devices are instaled in different home regions and broadcast their own wifi networks. They are connected with UTP cable (LAN-LAN). Currently I use 1.router + 2.AP config - it works but I would like to config them as 1. router + 2. router in order to have more LAN ports available in 2. - by connecting LAN of the first device with WAN port of the second one. I have tried to change LAN interface settings for second device but with no success. What settings should I use to obtain router+router config with all HDD resources visible in my home network?

M4T

Re: Home config for two wirelessspace devices

Post by M4T » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:16 am

meofiz: I don't have an answer but I can see some potential difficulties. Firstly, where is the DHCP server (assigns IP addresses to all other devices) on your network? "Router" generally means a device which includes a DHCP server and more than one DHCP server on a network generally means trouble (because they will likely issue conflicting IP addresses). Connecting two WS on a single network will mean that at least one of them has to be in "switch" mode and that means that its internet port has no function.