General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:24 am 

Hi,

Has anyone tried upgrading the lacie wireless space with the network space II firmware in order to try and benefit of the MyLacie features?

I'm happely running a Lacie 1tera wireless space in a "switch/AP/media" storage network config and also mirroring the drive's data via USB to a 4big Quadra (4t). What I'm trying to od is that I'd like to back up the drive to the cloud using the online mylacie features.

I'd like to have the features of the capsule 2.2.8 firmware release the network space II has and was wondering if the wireless space was upgraded to 2.2.8 capsule this would be compatible?

Any hints?
alex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:43 pm 

Hello,

From my limit knowledge, I think your are going to loose your wireless capabilities, since Network Space doesn't have a wireless network interface. In this way, I think you may have to compile an appropriate driver for Wireless Space and after that modify features and options on base software to support it.

However, for Network Space, maybe you can try an alternative firmware from here: http://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=802

I have check with them if it's possible to have their firmware running on Wireless Space, and since they are different pieces of hardware it's currently not possible.

BTW, you just told you are using a 4TB external HD via USB on Wireless Space. If that´s true, do you mind sharing how this HD is connected to Wireless Space and how did you made it to happen (filesystem type, partitions, USB port in use, etc)? I have a Seagate 3TB external USB HD and I'm not able to use it at all with Wireless Space.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:59 pm 

coelhonet wrote:
BTW, you just told you are using a 4TB external HD via USB on Wireless Space. If that´s true, do you mind sharing how this HD is connected to Wireless Space and how did you made it to happen (filesystem type, partitions, USB port in use, etc)? I have a Seagate 3TB external USB HD and I'm not able to use it at all with Wireless Space.
Thanks!

Hi CoelHonet,

Thanks for these infos, much appreciated. I'll come back I'll post and see if a wirlesspace release could be envisaged...

For my 4TB hardrive, I just plugged the USB connection to the Wirlesspace. First it indexed the 4TB and then became visible in the interface. The 4t storage is in NTFS one big partition, but not sure it changes much...

Regards,
alex