A new way to install 3th party zypkgs, like FFP, Dropbear, .

Marvell Kirkwood based
Mijzelf

Re: A new way to install 3th party zypkgs, like FFP, Dropbea

Post by Mijzelf » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:09 pm

betyargabor wrote:(after i can see two files in zy-pkgs folder: web_prefix AND ZYPKGS)
ZYPKGS wasn't there before? In that case the download actually works. web_prefix in will cause the package manager to download and extract http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/ ... G_INFO.tgz. That tgz file only contains ZYPKGS, which describes the MetaRepository package. So the package manager should show that, and give you the possibility to install that package. After that MetaRepository changes the web_prefix file to point at itself.

I know in the past there were problems with the package manager, when packages were installed which were not listed in ZYPKGS. The Medion in that case didn't show anything. Do you have any packages installed, and is there a reason why you are using an ancient firmware version?

betyargabor

Post by betyargabor » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:41 am

Mijzelf wrote:
betyargabor wrote:(after i can see two files in zy-pkgs folder: web_prefix AND ZYPKGS)
ZYPKGS wasn't there before? In that case the download actually works. web_prefix in will cause the package manager to download and extract http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/ ... G_INFO.tgz. That tgz file only contains ZYPKGS, which describes the MetaRepository package. So the package manager should show that, and give you the possibility to install that package. After that MetaRepository changes the web_prefix file to point at itself.

I know in the past there were problems with the package manager, when packages were installed which were not listed in ZYPKGS. The Medion in that case didn't show anything. Do you have any packages installed, and is there a reason why you are using an ancient firmware version?
Thank you Mijzelf and sorry for my late Answer. :mrgreen: 8-)
That was the solution.
I turn off all the installed applications and after with web_prefix work the MetaRepository installation. :)

Thank you!
I want install Plex, but i got error in install:

Code: Select all

wget: unable to resolve host address plex.r.worldssl.net... 
Download failed!

Mijzelf

Post by Mijzelf » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. Plex dropped support for Armv5 last year, and it seems they also removed the downloads, now.

betyargabor

Post by betyargabor » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:08 am

Mijzelf wrote:I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. Plex dropped support for Armv5 last year, and it seems they also removed the downloads, now.
Ohh :( Thank four your information!
I find earlier version what i can install. I work's now. (but this is not supported in the future! :S)

What do you recommended instead?