gmvault complains that the clock is wrong

Marvell Kirkwood based
nadnerb

gmvault complains that the clock is wrong

Post by nadnerb » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:15 pm

I've downloaded and installed http://gmvault.org to backup my gmail account to my NSA-310

It works fine if I manually run it and enter my password - so I know it is installed correctly.

But to run backups automatically I need to authenticate via OAuth.
Using OAuth I get an error from google saying timestamps don't match and suggests the time is wrong on my NAS:
Authentication performed with Gmail XOAuth token.

Initiate interactive session to get XOAuth normal or 2-legged token from Gmail.

Is your system clock up to date? See the FAQ http://code.google.com/p/googlecl/wiki/ ... oo_far_fro m_current_time

Received Error: {'status': 400, 'body': 'Timestamp is too far from current time: 1381698619\n\n', 'reason': ' Non 200 response on fetch request token'}.
I've tried the suggestions in the google link but no dice.

Now, my clock has always seemed wrong on my NAS. It's usually about 1-2mins ahead even though I have synced the time with various timeservers and also set the timezone via the web interface.

I have now manually set the time on my NAS to match that of my PC which is sync'd with time.nist.gov
gmvault/google still says my NAS clock is wrong.

Running 'date' on the NAS shows the correct date and time.

Any ideas?
cheers

fatbat

Re: gmvault complains that the clock is wrong

Post by fatbat » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:41 am

More of a question for you. I have a similar problem with the date time on my NAS.
When I run date I get UTC time instead. How did you fix that? Thanks in advance!

SandraDiaz

Re: gmvault complains that the clock is wrong

Post by SandraDiaz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:09 am

Hi,
I was facing the same issue too. I had to get the backup of my Gmail account data ASAP, so I went searching online for a solution to the Gmvault error instead I found out an article that showed Gmvault errors & the alternate solution to backup Gmail Data.

This tool helped me a lot. I hope this works well for you too.