General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:41 pm 

Changelog and more info about current MiniDLNA release is on the second post:
http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=11831&p=72369#p72369

INSTALL/UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:
Prerequisites: FFP 0.7-arm, updated slacker sites with Uli's uwsiteloader.sh script.

1. Stop daemon, if you have previously installed MiniDLNA and runing it:
Code:
/ffp/start/minidlna.sh stop

2. Remove fdk-aac and minidlna packages (some of previous versions can not be upgraded, due to incorrect package naming):
Code:
slacker -r fdk minidlna

3. Install MiniDLNA with dependancies:
Code:
slacker -Uui br2:minidlna
Code:
slacker -Uui br2:ffmpeg2/ s:libjpeg uli:flac s:libexif uli:libid3tag uli:libogg uli:libvorbis mz:sqlite br2:gettext br2:libiconv

4. Configure settings:
Edit and specify paths to your media content in /ffp/etc/minidlna.conf
According to need, you can correct paths to your media content or add additional in new MiniDLNA configuration file. Default paths are linked to Zyxel firmware predefined shares:
Quote:
media_dir=A,/mnt/HD_a2/music/
media_dir=P,/mnt/HD_a2/photo/
media_dir=V,/mnt/HD_a2/video/

You can change to different container as root of the media content tree (this is not necessary step):
Quote:
# use different container as root of the tree
# possible values:
# + "." - use standard container (this is the default)
# + "B" - "Browse Directory"
# + "M" - "Music"
# + "V" - "Video"
# + "P" - "Pictures"
# if you specify "B" and client device is audio-only then "Music/Folders" will be used as root
#root_container=.
For example (root_container row should be uncommented!):
root_container=B #directory browsing will be used.

Since version 1.1.1. there is possibility to force files sorting to clients:
Quote:
# always force SortCriteria to this value, regardless of the SortCriteria passed by the client
#force_sort_criteria=+upnp:class,+upnp:originalTrackNumber,+dc:title
Panasonic's and others TV's brands owners should be satisfied with this new function. Removing # sign from force_sort_criteria row will enable forced sorting by title. Also it is possible to force sorting files by date. For that change additionally +dc:title to +dc:date.

By default, if there are multiple media directories specified, there will be entries for each one in the root directory container. If there is only one media directory specified, then just its contents will be in the root container, to save one level of browsing. Setting this option changes the default behavior so that multiple media dirs will behave like a single media dir.
Quote:
# set this to merge all media_dir base contents into the root container
# note: the default is no
#merge_media_dirs=no

At least some Panasonic clients try to open more than 5 simultaneous connections to the server. If we keep the default of 5 max children, it results in choppy playback on those clients. This setting is configurable, and default to 50 max connections.
Quote:
# maximum number of simultaneous connections
# note: many clients open several simultaneous connections while streaming
#max_connections=50

Other configuration settings should be leaved as it is.
Remember-restart of minidlna daemon is required after changes in minidlna.conf, if it already running.

5. Start daemon:
Code:
/ffp/start/minidlna.sh start
IMPORTANT: give a time for MiniDLNA to scan your media dirs and complete to build up a database. Otherwise, it will start all over again on next daemon run (NAS boot-up).

Keep in mind in case of upgrading MiniDLNA!
After installing this package, your current MiniDLNA configuration file will be renamed to minidlna.conf.old (full path-/ffp/etc/minidlna.conf.old ). This is done by purpose, to ensure relation between new configuration file- /ffp/etc/minidlna.conf and minidlna startup-stop-daemon_control script-/ffp/start/minidlna.sh Old startup script will be removed during install and and the new one takes a place of it-/ffp/start/minidlna.sh

MiniDLNA daemon runs as user minidlna, to avoid security problems running as root. Do not change MiniDLNA run as user to other user, than minidlna.
All standard logs are disabled, except errors. Log file is located in /ffp/var/log/minidlna.log

Minidlna has status page, displaying number of files in database and connected clients: http://nsa310:8200 or http://YourNASIp:8200

Last edited by barmalej2 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 20 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:15 am 

Latest version of MiniDLNA for FFP 0.7-arm on slacker: br2:minidlna-1.1.4_git20140831-arm-0.txz

Changelog:
Post is becoming too large, so please use direct link for news:
http://sourceforge.net/p/minidlna/git/ci/master/tree/NEWS

We have jumped from 1.1.2 version to 1.1.4.

Whats new in Minidlna :)
Bunch of fixes and improvements and here is most important from my side of view:
1. Web status page http://YourNASIP:8200/ from now displays, when a media scan is in progress.
2. Two new settings in minidlna.conf:
2.1 By default, if there are multiple media directories specified, there will be entries for each one in the root directory container. If there is only one media directory specified, then just its contents will be in the root container, to save one level of browsing. Setting this option changes the default behavior so that multiple media dirs will behave like a single media dir.
Code:
# set this to merge all media_dir base contents into the root container
# note: the default is no
#merge_media_dirs=no

2.2 At least some Panasonic clients try to open more than 5 simultaneous connections to the server. If we keep the default of 5 max children, it results in choppy playback on those clients. Make this setting configurable, and default to 50 max connections. Our process is pretty lightweight, so 50 children should not be aproblem on most systems.
Code:
# maximum number of simultaneous connections
# note: many clients open several simultaneous connections while streaming
#max_connections=50

What's new in minidlna-1.1.2_git20140403-arm-0.txz package FFP 0.7 package:
1. Added man pages for minidlna.conf and minidlna itself.
Quote:
/ffp/bin/man minidlna.conf
Quote:
/ffp/bin/man minidlna
Use spacebar to list pages, press q-to exit.

Whats new in Minidlna:
minissdp:Fix uninitialized access when adding multicast membership.

Whats new in Minidlna:
Besides a lot of fixes and improvements there is new exciting feature in minidlna configuration file-/ffp/etc/minidlna.conf:
Code:
# always force SortCriteria to this value, regardless of the SortCriteria passed by the client
#force_sort_criteria=+upnp:class,+upnp:originalTrackNumber,+dc:title

Panasonic's and others TV's brands owners should be satisfied with this new function. Removing # sign from force_sort_criteria row will enable forced sorting by title. Remember-restart of minidlna daemon is required after changes in minidlna.conf:
Code:
/ffp/start/minidlna.sh restart
IMHO most exciting is possibility to force sorting files by date. For that change additionally +dc:title to +dc:date.

Whats new in minidlna-1.1.1_git20140214-arm-0.txz package:
1. Minidlna is linked against new ffmpeg-2.1.3 and x264-0.140
2. Increased /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches to 66000 in startup script to suppress warning:
Code:
WARNING: Inotify max_user_watches [8192] is low or close to the number of used watches [229] and I do not have permission to increase this limit.  Please do so manually by writing a higher value into proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches.

Seems like latest fixes in MiniDLNA source code, broke detection of MiniDLNA server on some clients. I can see it via VLC player, but my TV don't. So, version minidlna-1.1.0_git20131018-arm-1.txz will be at repository untill MiniDLNA author resolve these bugs.
Whats new in minidlna-1.1.0_git20131018-arm-1.txz FFP 0.7 package:
Simplified add user (minidlna run as user) function in startup script, using more intelligent way from now. No more manual user uid's. Let the system assign them auto.

Whats new in Minidlna:
Fix various inotify issues with deleting entire folder contents, and then re-adding content back to the same folder. This should be the cause of '(null)' folder names.

Whats new in minidlna-1.1.0_git20131018-arm-0.txz FFP 0.7 package:
1. Corrected minidlna startup script behavior-do not change run as user home directory and user uid.
2. Improved postinstall script.
3. Minidlna is linked against new ffmpeg 2.01.
4. Updated ffmpeg dependencies.
5. Last time corrected pid file location to /ffp/var/run/minidlna/minidlna.pid instead /ffp/var/run/minidlna.pid. Seems like, it is the only one path, on which minidlna correctly removes own pidfile on exit.

Last edited by barmalej2 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 14 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:13 pm 

Hello,

I have a nsa320 and i've updated to this version of minidlna, since the update minidlna doesn't detect the new files that are added to the watch directories. I've checked minidlna.conf in order to confirm that inotify is set to yes. Also i've added the loggind to debug level and when i add new content to the media_dir nothing pops to the log file.
Any hints on what this could be?

THX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:29 pm 

Which version of minidlna have you installed? minidlna-1.1.0_git20131018-arm-1.txz? Previous build minidlna-1.1.0_git20131105-arm-0.txz was not working for me due to errors, which came from latest changes in minidlna source code, so I reverted to earlier version, just with updated startup script.
Is the daemon running?
Code:
ps aux | grep minidlna | grep -v grep

Double check paths to media_dirs in /ffp/etc/minidlna.conf. If it was no errors in log file, it can be that paths are incorrect.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:37 pm 

minidlna 28605 0.0 0.7 34860 3596 ? S<sl 14:27 0:00 /ffp/bin/minidlna -f /ffp/etc/minidlna.conf

Also i've chekcdd the paths and there are correct. If i stop the minidlna and start it again the new files will appear.
Also i've installed it today following the steps provided at the start of the thread.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:44 pm 

Which version of ffp package have you installed?
Code:
ls /ffp/funpkg/installed/ | grep minidlna

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:47 pm 

The version is: minidlna-1.1.0_git20131018-arm-1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:58 pm 

Just for checking, downloaded with transmission 2.05 GB movie and it appeared almost immediately in minidlna status page http://YourNASIp:8200 after download. Checked on TV-movie is on Minidlna list and plays.
Only one logical explanation can be IMHO. Daemon was not running at the moment, when you added new files.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:01 pm 

do you have any idea how can i completely reset the nsa320 in order to install a new firmware on it? maybe is something wrong iwth my install of ffp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:07 pm 

Which type of ffp are you using? FFP-stick or FFP-zypkg?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:17 pm 

Zypkg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:47 pm 

Anyway, ffp packages and firmware are not related to each other. I don't think, that firmware update will change something. My best guess is to try uninstall ffp-zypkg (still no guarantee, that will help to you) and setup it from the start, but that is a last resort.
Reset of NAS is not necessary for upgrading firmware, but if you want to reset your NAS, there is a reset button on rear panel of NAS. Hold it until you hear 2 beeps. After second beep continue to hold it for five more seconds, then release it. You should hear three quick beeps and that will mean-all settings are reset to defaults. You may need to initialize NAS from the start to adapt it to network and settings, if it will not acquire automatic settings from router or DHCP server after reset.
Keep in mind in case of upgrading firmware: ffp-zypkg must be disabled (uninstall is not necessary, but option), ffp-stick must be pulled out from NAS. NAS should be rebooted before upgrading and working without FFP.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:30 am 

I actually did some more digging, it seems that the files are cached and added to the web interface but they don't appear when i browser with the TV, can you please guide me on what logs should i output?

THX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:58 pm 

Regarding logs-clear answer- I don't know, because I am too lazy to dig, when everything is working as should be for me.
Turn on debug level in all fields in minidilna.conf and search for your tv in log. Maybe your TV gets incorrect profile assigned, but it is only a guess.
BTW, What is TV model?
How much time you should wait, untill new file appears in dlna list on TV?
My time is about from 20 to 45 seconds. Maybe it is worth to give some more time for TV dlna client.
Routers settings also can be a culprit.
BTW2. Have you tried any other DLNA server before with that TV?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:07 pm 

My tv model is a panasonic P42GT30 and the fiels don't appear at all until i rebuild the DB. Till i did a compelte factory reset to the NSA320 minidlna worked lovely.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next