General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:49 am 

There is no --no-passive-ftp flag, but with --passive-ftp it worked.
I downloaded ZYPKG_INFO.tgz to /i-data/md0/admin/zy-pkgs dir, and list still is empty and don't want refresh.

But still I don't know why webif isn't starting.

Seems to my, factory reset is only solution.

add:

I made boot log.... and from interesting things it maybe this:
http://pastebin.com/kKb4qDir

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:30 am 

Hm. Looks like libpthread is damaged. You can try to find out which package installed it (grep libpthread /usr/local/zy-pkgs/zypkg_conf/info/*.list) and extract a fresh copy .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:32 am 

Nope.... None package installed it... No more ideas.
@Mijzelf, Thanks for all your help :)
Reset is coming ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:41 pm 

Hi Mijzelf, i'm running into the following problem:

After a reset I'm trying to install the metarepository again. I downloaded the web_prefix file and put it in the right folder on my nsa325v2. After I choose "Retrieve List From Internet" the list stays emty.

Before the reset I used the Metarepository and also FFP. Do I need to erase some more files (Is the zyxel reset nog enough?)

Thx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:33 pm 

Not that I'm aware of. Yet on older firmwares the package manager behaves strange if there are packages installed which are not listed in the new downloaded ZYPKGS file.

When MetaRepository is installed this is solved by adding any installed package to the dynamically generated ZYPKGS file.

AFAIK this behavior is not seen on fw 4.7x, but maybe it can still be triggered. The remedy in that case is to remove the web_prefix, do an update, remove all installed packages, put web_prefix back, and retry.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:32 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
Not that I'm aware of. Yet on older firmwares the package manager behaves strange if there are packages installed which are not listed in the new downloaded ZYPKGS file.

When MetaRepository is installed this is solved by adding any installed package to the dynamically generated ZYPKGS file.

AFAIK this behavior is not seen on fw 4.7x, but maybe it can still be triggered. The remedy in that case is to remove the web_prefix, do an update, remove all installed packages, put web_prefix back, and retry.

Thx for your answer. I tried it but unfortunately no success. Ended up to completely removing everything from the admin folder including the packages folder and did a reset again. Started everything up and placed the web_prefix file, again a empty list. When I delete everything form the packages folder and do a retrieve, I get the default zyxel packages list again.

Tried the "old" ffp installation also, when I place the web_prefix file and update the list nothing happens :(

Is there any way to completely format everything and start from scratch? Any other options?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:25 pm 

So you don't see any packages, no matter if you refresh with or without web_prefix? Is a new ZYPKGS file downloaded? If yes, then I suppose somehow the internal database got screwed up.
You can have a look, the file /usr/local/zy-pkgs/zypkg_conf/status contains info about all installed packages. It's a simple text file, and it's the database of installed packages. If that file is damaged, I guess you can simply delete it to reset the package management.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:58 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
So you don't see any packages, no matter if you refresh with or without web_prefix? Is a new ZYPKGS file downloaded? If yes, then I suppose somehow the internal database got screwed up.
You can have a look, the file /usr/local/zy-pkgs/zypkg_conf/status contains info about all installed packages. It's a simple text file, and it's the database of installed packages. If that file is damaged, I guess you can simply delete it to reset the package management.

If I refresh without the web_prefix I get the standard zyxel packege list. When I refresh with the web_prefix the list is empty.

I'm not able to open a SSH connection to my NAS, I get the message: "connection refused". So I aslo can't open a SFTP connection to check the /usr/local/zy-pkgs/zypkg_conf/status folder (or can I?)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:17 pm 

Yes, you can. On the 325 (v2) you can enable a telnet daemon in the firmware. You can find it in the network menu.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:23 pm 

Sorry, forgot to tell you that I enabled it in the zyxel admin menu.

Anyway, there is a breakthrough. I installed FFP via the following way:

http://yetiblog1337.wordpress.com/2013/12/08/installing-fonz-fun_plug-onto-the-nsa-325v2/

Now I can open a SSH connection again. (yeah :) )

The status file says the following:

Quote:
Package: MetaRepository
Version: 20140529zypkg010
Architecture: arm

Package: MuninLite
Version: 1.0.4zypkg003
Depends: MetaRepository

Package: Pulse
Version: 0.10.2zypkg001

Package: btsync
Version: 1.3.105zypkg005
Installed-Time: 1414180686

Package: ffp
Version: 0.7zypkg004

The only package I've installed since the RESET is FFP, not btsync, pulse or MuninLite. And defenitely not MetaRepo (I wish).

There is lot's of folders and files about packages I once installed on the nas, like polkast and munin and stuff... How to clear all that old stuff?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:42 pm 

Well, you can use almost the same trick to install MP. Download the MP package and put it in admin\zy-pkgs\, download http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/NSA325-v2/4.70/zypkg/ZYPKG_INFO.tgz, extract it, and add the contents of the ZYPKGS to the one in admin\zy-pkgs\. Disconnect your internet and click 'retreive new package list'.

Quote:
How to clear all that old stuff?
Code:
cd /usr/local/zy-pkgs/zypkg_conf/
rm status
touch status
rm info/*
cd ../tmp/
rm *

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:57 pm 

Thx Mijzelf!

Can you explain why it stopped working with the web_prefix file?

--

Ok, I'm missing something here. MiniDLNA is still working, SABNZB also. SickRage is not. Why are these programs still working after the Reset?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:42 am 

Quote:
Can you explain why it stopped working with the web_prefix file?
Partly. The internal package management uses it's internal database to keep track of installed packages. When creating the 'package page', the information of the internal database is merged with the current ZYPKGS file to generate the page.
However, the page will only contain packages which are listed in ZYPKGS. So any installed package which is not listed in ZYPKGS will *not* show up in the webinterface, and there is no way to uninstall/disable it using the webinterface.

When using the web_prefix file, another repository is used, which only ontains the MetaRepository package. So normally that package would as the only show up.
In your case the package was already in the internal database, so it should show up as installed. But I think *something* was damaged, causing that package not to show up.
Quote:
Ok, I'm missing something here. MiniDLNA is still working, SABNZB also. SickRage is not. Why are these programs still working after the Reset?
A reset doesn't remove any packages. It only changes the state of all packages to 'disabled'.
You installed ffp over an existing installation. That won't remove any installed ffp packages, nor change their state. If you want to start clean, you have to uninstall ffp (the whole ffp tree will be deleted) and reinstall it. Then it's clean.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:23 am 

Thx for your time Mijzelf and your patience with this nas / ssh / ffp / etc. noob :)

Still not sure if I understand it all, maybe a link for some documentation to learn more about the working of this all?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:49 am 

http://zyxel.nas-central.org/wiki/Package_management

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next