General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:48 pm 

This is on the serial port, I guess? It's harmless. The 'cumulative' messages are from Index_html() in gui\Tweaks\index.sh, which are there for debugging purposes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:03 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
This is on the serial port, I guess?

Yes this is serial port.
Thanks for replay.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:11 am 

Couple of weeks ago I installed MetaRepository (thank you for it), which works perfectly on NSA310S. Now I can see when I go to Configuration/Package there is an update of it, called 20140407zypkg007.

Can I go ahead and just update MetaRepository? Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:24 am 

anemeth wrote:
Couple of weeks ago I installed MetaRepository (thank you for it), which works perfectly on NSA310S. Now I can see when I go to Configuration/Package there is an update of it, called 20140407zypkg007.

Can I go ahead and just update MetaRepository? Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks,

You don't need anything else, just update it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:15 pm 

Thanks, went perfectly, and if I was already there installed Midnight Commander too, which works perfectly as well.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:37 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
Yes, I am aware of that option. Problem is that the firmware sort (/bin/sort, actually busybox) doesn't support that option.

Ahhh, I see. Perhaps you could bundle a different sort with MetaRepository? or maybe detect whether the option is supported, as it seems the sort bundled with FFP supports it, and I'd imagine FFP probably gets installed by the vast majority of users of MetaRepository, hence that would make it work better for a lot of users.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:11 pm 

Worked perfectly for me! I had tried to install FFP from stick and from the HD, both unsuccessful, but using this method, fast and easy :-D

Thanks!

Mijzelf wrote:
Wiki entry

MetaRepository
After reading about problems with FFP on an NSA325v2 fw 4.70, and questions about how to host/test your own packages, I thought there should be a better way.

And now I proudly present: MetaRepository

What it is
Basically it's an CGI script which runs locally on the NAS. Using the web_prefix file the package manager is pointed to it. The script downloads the ZYPKG_INFO.tgz or ZYPKGS file from several repositories, and combines that to a single file, on base of (alphabetically) sorting the packages. Further it keeps a database of origin of all those packages, and when requested it downloads and offers them.

How to install
Enter the url http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/ in web_prefix, or download it here. This file (web_prefix) should be put in \\NAS\admin\zy-pkgs\. Then in the package menu press on the 'Retreive List From Internet' button. Only the MetaRepository package should show up. Install it, and re-request the list. You should see the official Taiwanese repository, merged with mine (ffp, btsync, anyterm, MetaRepository, MidnightCommander, Dropbear). If you still see only MetaRepository, disable it, enable it again, and retry.

How to configure
In the package menu you can see the configuration page of MetaRepositoy. Here you can enter the source repositories. Further you can blacklist packages, and 'pushlist' them.
A word on 'pushlisting': As said, the packages are sorted alphabetically, and then the 'highest value' is chosen. Now the official repository contains a nzbget 9.x, while the beta repository contains a nzbget 11.x. Unfortunately 11 has a lower alphabetically value than 9. You can push nzbget 11, which actually means it's exchange by nzbget z11, restoring the wanted sequence.

How to create your own (local) repository
Just put the package(s) in a share, in combination with a describing ZYPKGS file (case sensitive). Add the full path to the 'Repositories' list. Done.
You can also supply a ZYPKG_INFO.tgz if you like. The script first tries to download/copy the ZYPKG_INFO.tgz file, and if that fails it tries ZYPKGS.

After you installed MetaRepository, you get access to this additional packages:

Dropbear
Dropbear is a lightweight SSH/SCP server.

MidnightCommander
Midnight commander is a powerful text-based visual file manager, running in a shell. So you can use it in a telnet, ssh or anyterm session.

Anyterm
Anyterm is a shell in a browser. Using this package you can simply open a shell by clicking a link in the packages menu.

FFP
Of course.

Tweaks
Firmware tweaks.
Currently:
  • Telnet; Enable telnet daemon, specifiy port, possibly loginless.
  • Cron; add own jobs, including @reboot and @shutdown
  • Ftp; specify server address, enable force ftps.
  • Misc; Change homedir of root and/or admin

btsync
Some torrent base directory sync program.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:10 pm 

Thanks a lot for this, seems obvious now that someone did it! Super useful.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:26 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
SFTP is not supported. You'll have to use SCP instead.

It's working for me (SFTP with WinSCP 5.5.3 build 4214).

I'm currently using firmware version : V4.61(AFK.0)
root@nsa310:~# uname -a
Linux nsa310 2.6.31.8 #2 Fri Aug 2 11:21:44 CST 2013 armv5tel GNU/Linux

I already have FFP 0.7zypkg003 installed as zyxel package from ftp://ftp.zyxel-tech.de/2.new_mirror/; I downloaded Mijzelf's web_prefix file and used it and the result is:
Currently, there are no packages. Please use "Retrieve List From Internet" to update package list.
I restored my web_prefix (with only ftp://ftp.zyxel-tech.de/2.new_mirror/) and everything is fine.

Last edited by adrhc on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:28 pm 

I'm trying to upgrade to v010, but it doesn't seem to work. I click upgrade, the install makes it to 100% but the version is still 009. What am I doing wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:10 pm 

@kitsuneyo: Is the v010 file available in your admin/zy-pkgs directory? In that case it might be corrupted. Delete it and retry.

@adrhc: Have you checked if the repo url is reachable from your NAS?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:20 pm 

From there I downloaded http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/ ... web_prefix so yes it was accessible.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:47 pm 

Thanks for this great opportunity, now i dont have to manuell start transmission! :)

Is there any chance that i can install "autoshutdown"? It is not in the ffp package, but i think it should, but i am not sure.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:55 pm 

What do you mean with "autoshutdown"?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:09 pm 

I installed that script with the help of this site: http://fr32k.de/wiki/ffp/anleitungen/nas-autoshutdown

When i want to install with the ffp version from you, then there is the slacker addon but there is no autoshutdown. I just want to shutdown the NSA325 after a while when the disks are idle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next